Menu
What is going on in Urumqi?
Jul 16, 2006 03:45
I've been trying for the past five days to buy a train ticket from Beijing to Urumqi, but I'm never able to, regardless of where I try to buy one from. I even have asked for a standing ticket and still no one will sell me one, even the ticket vendors at the train station. I get told "there are no tickets until [such and such a date]" and when I ask if I can book one for that date, it's simply repeated that they have no tickets.

Is there something going on in Urumqi/Western China that I'm not aware of that is causing this?
Jul 16, 2006 04:24
  • RUNNERMORE
Hey, i called a ticket agent just now. They told me it's because of the summer holidays, many students and tourists go there by train. And the number of trains to Urumqi from Beijing is limited, T69 is the only one? The agent told me i'm supposed to call them again on Monday afternoon for next Friday's ticket. So choose several agents and call them 5 days ahead of time. Good luck!:)
Jul 16, 2006 06:14
  • PINETREE
Runnermore is doing a excellent service for members here. Well done !!
Jul 17, 2006 00:19
  • APAULT
I once overcame this problem by approaching a travel agent rather than a ticket agent. They accepted the booking and somehow got in at the head of the queue. But if u use a ticket agent you should be there at 8am when the tickets go on sale.
Jul 17, 2006 00:24
  • CALIFORNIA
Yes,it is a terrible time now!and only one train from Beijing to Urumqi!T69!!!

1.I think you can go to the railway station earlier at advance 5 days,they sell it from 19:00.

2.You can try to buy a ticket to Xi'an or Lanzhou,and then change another train.

Good luck!!!
Post a Reply to: What is going on in Urumqi?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code