Menu
guangzhou -China Living cost
May 4, 2009 01:03
GUEST26823 Hi,

I considering to move in China and I need to compare the living costs.
Hopefully you can help me. My Destination will be Hangzhou.

1. How much it cost to eat in ok quality local restaurant?(Lunch & Dinner).
2. How much is weelky shopping basket like( Milk, cheese, yougurt, bread, juise, coffe, sugar, soap, shower gel, beer,)

3. 2 berroom apartment good quality rent / month? Electricity & Water?
4. Hobbies: Gym/ fitnes club membership fee's?
5. Transportation? Do I need to own a car ? If I want to own is it expensive?
6. Night life. How much is to enter a nice night lub and have let say 5 drinks?

Also I wondering if any one know what would be the changes for Brazilian women to work as a dentist in Hangzhou.

Thank you

BR

Arrow
May 4, 2009 03:19
  • ELLYSE
1) Depends on your spending habits. Could be 50 RMB onwards per person.
2) Depends on how many people you're supporting.
3) Depends on size and location.
4) Not sure about Hangzhou, but I'm in Shanghai and I think a year's gym membership is within 2000 RMB.
5) No need to own a car. Taxis and buses are sufficient.
Look on http://www.morehangzhou.com for more information.
May 19, 2009 10:21
GUEST13131 i am a south indian living in gz for 2 years. there are many indians and there are indian restaurants and stores. its a great city for living, working, business and entertainment and very safe.
May 20, 2009 08:48
GUEST05237 Many thanks for all the information so far.

The job I've been offered would pay £600 - £950 per month (depending on contract, but I would guess that is roughly 6000 - 9500RMB?)

However, for the first 3 months, I would only take home half of that.

I would be moving out by myself, and have a loan to repay in England (£120 a month - 2400RMB?)

Given that I would have to live modestly for the first three months, is this a eralistic expectation?

Thanks

May 24, 2009 01:43
  • KSWONG
If you're not too fussy about location, you can rent a small apartment for RMB1,500 a month around Tangxia area. It's a few bus stops west of Gangding station.
Jul 27, 2009 04:48
GUEST87178 I am planning to study in China. I will get 1500 yen. Is it enough to meet the monthly cost of my family(I myself, my wife and my baby)?
Jul 29, 2009 11:41
GUEST65890 Pleasantly surprised to see the high quality of discussions here, specially responses from Ellyse who seems to be quite helpful.
I am an Indian in Singapore at a reasonably decent salary from Singapore standards. I am getting a chance to work in Guangzhou. My current take home is about 8000 USD per month.
I need to rent a minimum of three bedroom apartment with full facilities near an international school in Guangzhou. (somewhere near Dongfeng park maybe?) how much is that going to cost apprx?
How about getting maids/househelp? Is there a provision for that in China? If we need to get someone from India or Phillippines?
Thanks
Jul 30, 2009 00:54
  • ELLYSE
Yen? You're in the wrong country, yen is Japanese currency. Or did you mean yuan aka RMB, the Chinese currency?
Plenty of hired housework helpers in China, if you don't need yours to be Filipino or Indian.
Jul 31, 2009 09:42
GUESTONO Hi,
I am planning to move to GZ in September in September to take of a sponsorship programme job where I will be working in a business company and teach english 20hrs a week. I get paid alot, only get a stipend but get provided accomodation. Please can anyone tell me how much on the average I will nedd to spend monthly to take care of feeding and other necessities. I get around 3,500 china mny in stipend and want to be sure what I am coming to face.
Oct 1, 2009 21:18
GUEST07208 dear friend
i m an indian , visiting canton fair by 13 oct to 18 oct
kindly inform any bad space near canton fair.

thanx
hotmail.com|dilip27
Page 5 of 13    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: guangzhou -China Living cost
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code