Menu
guangzhou -China Living cost
Oct 28, 2009 20:40
GUEST17100 Folks, i have read all the posts on the 5 or so pages here but still have a itch to ask my question, hope no one minds and i get an honest answer for that.

1. Is 280000 (23K per month) a decent salary to live with a family of 4 (wife and 2 kids) in Guangzhou ?
2. What is the best locality to rent a 3 Bedroom apartment, considerinf i might be working near the "Jie Tai plaza" or "Fortune Plaza" locality
3. What are the most safe and polished neighbourhoods to live in the city, considering am used to living for a while in the US of A
4. How much does school education (american schools of course) cost for 1st or 2nd grade going kids
5. A rather fluid question, what is cost of living (groceries, apartment rent, utilities, dining out once a week, travel....)
Nov 1, 2009 21:42
  • SMILEBABY
Hello my friend!
I am a new comer to this forum and this is my first time replying
I have read all the pages as well. I am a Chinese but my hometown is quite far away from Guangzhou, so I am not familar with it.
I think 28000 is enough for four. Once one of my foreign friend told me that he felt like a king here but still saving 60% of his salary.
In the past years, Guangzhou had made great progress and it's now a safe city without too many stealing (I have stayed here for one and half year, I am feeling great). But still my friends tell me don't go out alone in the night.
Daily living here is expensive when comparing with other Chinese cities except Beijing and Shanghai, however, salary here equals with the pricing. The costs of eating outside in different places differ. For four, it ranges from 120RMB to 400RMB. ransportation is quite convenient here, especially the metro.You can have a try to go by metro or bus first, if you feel it's not convenient enough, you can get a car. Sometimes, parking might be a problem.
Travel is not expensive here. My friends went to enjoy hot springs in Zhuhai for two days, it only took 230RMB in the National Holiday.
I am sure you can enjoy a lot here.
By the way, I am a translator in a comprehensive hospital where English medical service is avaliable. When you need health examination routine check up or some other medical service, you can call my office number"020-83062907".My Email is gmail.com|smilebabytina.
Sincerely hope you and your family can enjoy a lot when staying in Guangzhou!
Nov 2, 2009 08:54
GUEST95027
It's a good idea to move to Guanzhou China.

I think there is no comparision for Guanzhou. It's safe.
The groceries and living cost is economical. Restaurants are open every hour of the day and night.

Night life is totally unimagianable and on top of all, it is safe and more economical.

During holidays one can also visit hong kong and Macau.
Hong Kong is only one hour and 45 minutes by Direct train, and almost same situation for Macau.

Train ticket cost around hong kong dollars HK$ 480.00 to 500.00 for return ticket to hong kong.

my email

yahoo.com|greetingsof2003

Nov 3, 2009 00:37
GUESTPAUL How was the Foods Cost,Shopping Cost, & Hotel rate cost in Tian He,Guang Zhou City? Please reply,Thank you.
Nov 23, 2009 03:02
  • SMILEBABY
Hi there!
The price of foods depends on what you want. For ordinary Chinese food, it takes about 8 to 15 RMB
for lunch or supper, if you go to some big restaurants, it takes about 30 or 40 RMB.The prices differ
in different restaurants.
If go shopping over Grandbuy and Tianh City, it takes more that 500RMB , for clothes. But some places
have clothes without brands, which is very cheap. You can get a coat about 100RMB. Sorry that I don't know the price of hotel over Tianhe.
The hotels close to my home (I stay close to yuexiu Park) takes about 200RMB for a night.
Anyway, it's not that expensive here. Going out shopping you can find a lot of fabulous things for girls. If you are a big shopping fan, please do tell me, since I am a crazy fan as well! We can communicate about shopping and share a lot!
Sincerely, Tina
Jan 2, 2010 04:56
GUESTPAUL Thank Ms.Tina for your reply. But I Don't know How was the 03 stars Hotels rate cost in Tian He,yue xiu & other Area?, How was the Place & the foods in Tian he? Which Area Close to Tian he? How far from Bai yun Airport to Tian he?,& how much it Cost by Taxi or other? where are the Shang xia Jiu street?How was the place? Thank you.
Jan 3, 2010 05:22
GUEST71935 HI!

I just want to mention that the POPSNEAKER86 webpage is a fraud. PLEASE dont buy anything to them. They cheat on me with $500.
They are so nice and kindly in the beginning and then nothing.

IF you want to save your money dont buy in POPSNEAKER86.

Jan 4, 2010 07:43
  • BINNIO
Hi guestPaul.
I have an office in Tianhe and in my office building there is a nice hotel - I think it's 3 stars. The prices there are 280-290 RMB pr night for a double room. I am sure you can do some bargaining. That hotel is very conveniently located, in the same building as a metro station. The lobby looks very clean and nice, and the room pictures look good, but I haven't seen the rooms myself. It's in a very new building (<5 years old).

A taxi from Baiyun airport to Tianhe could cost around 130 RMB, but it depends on the exact location. You can also take the bus, and I think it costs around 25 RMB (not quite sure though). The bus goes to Zhujiang new town which is very close to Tianhe.

If you need any further info, let me know, and I can get you in touch with an honest and reliable chinese person who can help.
Jan 11, 2010 16:27
GUEST25102 Hi Every body, a lot of great info, I am Australian and love my western food,and a nice cold beer, i earn about 1800 rmb a week and would like to come and try and live there.I have travel in asia before and always seem to struggle with the food, I am a steak , eggs , salad , chips type person , Is the food good, and accomodation safe, thanks peter
Jan 11, 2010 21:24
  • ELLYSE
If you stick to cosmopolitan cities like Shanghai and Beijing you should be fine for your Western food.
Page 6 of 13    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: guangzhou -China Living cost
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code