Menu
fewer come, why?? help!!
Aug 16, 2006 21:16
  • EXLIFE
I have been a member of this forum for over one year, but recently I find that fewer members are visiting this forum and even fewer are posting or browsing these pages. Why? Could you please help me find the answer? Multiple choices, thank you. any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Aug 17, 2006 03:02
  • PINETREE
Until recently, where were u then for the last 1.5
years ?!
To me, I think the answer lies in the lack of content of my interest.
Aug 17, 2006 03:51
  • HEIDI
hi pinetree,
i know most of these topis are about traveling since TCG is a tourism website. however, the forum is different, it is the place where we can exchange our ideas on anything. personally speaking, i like talking about the most interest and unique part of chinese culture. i believe this forum is a best place since we are from different cuntries.

what about you, then? would like to share??
Aug 17, 2006 05:05
  • PINETREE
Hahaha Heidi. For me, I am interested in everyday matter of China - incl culture, thinking process,lifestyle, etc - even politics, religion - anything of depth - not just "where is this place and how to go there" - sorry.
If you are prepared to raise these issues for discussion, u will find me here, for sure. I am from SG and am prepared to tell anyone more of our country if there is interest.
For me, China is my interst here.
Waiting for u.
Aug 23, 2006 04:04
  • EXLIFE
hi guys,
oh, why not voting? don't you want this forum bcome more interesting and a place where we can change our ideas.
Aug 23, 2006 06:38
  • CLIVE
Hi
I dont know about anyone else but I find that The Forum has become an easy target for people and company's advertising. Although this is against forum rules the Moderators semm unable or unwilling to remove these posts. The result is that any interesting subjects disappear onto the next page very quickly.
I also posted about the confidence tricksters who are able to get into my mailbox with promises of untold wealth in the Ivory Coast. I posted this with the headline "To The Moderators" I have not had a reply to this post from them and I have just received another message from the Ivory Coast.
Until the Moderators start doing what they are supposed to this Forum will go worse.
Aug 23, 2006 20:59
  • EXLIFE
hi Clive,
thank you for your cordial suggestion. i believe that the moderator will surely solve your problems when he sees your post. i hope more members wil join in this discussion to help the moderator find out how to improve the management of this forum. besides, some of my posts receive few replies. confused, i am aspired to know what kind of topics are you interested in? culture, sports, entertainment, information on tourism,or what?? what is your preferential choices, tell me
look forward to more information and more friends.
Aug 24, 2006 05:33
  • CLIVE
Hi Exlife
Thanks for your message.
As I see it we have two problems.
The main problem is that too many people are clearly advertising on the message board to be such as tour guides, drivers etc. Whilst I have no problem with these people replying to people who ask for these sevices, what is happening is that the board quickly fills with adverts and genuine posters find that their question disappears off the front page, they get little or no response and stop using the board.I do believe that the Moderators need to be more vigilant and apply the rule of the board that advertising is not allowed.This could be done the same way as for posts which are objectionable or obscene, just remove the post.
The second point I would make is that if people are constanly pestered by the con artists from Ivory Coast and Nigeria they will be afraid to use the board. It is common for people to have their computers riddled with virus's simply by opening one of these begging Emails
Best Wishes
Clive
Aug 24, 2006 19:46
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Hi Clive,

Thanks for your concern about TCG forum. Yes, there are some problems about this forum, but we will try our best to improve our service.

Sincerely,

Christine
Aug 25, 2006 04:00
  • PINETREE
I think TCG can set up a small panel on this Forum to help generate more participation by raising interesting subjects/topics.
These topics should be varied across the entire range to cater for as many section of the membership as possible. Not an easy task though. But can look towards engaging professionals or semi-professionals at this to help. It will cost money. So TCG will have to weigh the necessity/pro & cons, as well as the economics of it.
Have fun.
Aug 26, 2006 00:34
  • WCTMAN
On the subject of fewer come, why: has anyone heard from Rogerinca lately? He used to be here on a daily basis, and I for one have not seen him here in quite some time..

Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: fewer come, why?? help!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code