Menu
what can be called a travelling soul
Aug 21, 2006 20:26
  • CONNY129
Now that we are all travel lovers , can you tell me what can be called a travelling soul ?

For my part,I do not have many oppotunities to travel a lot , but I always dearming of travelling around the whole China ,I did it step by step ,hope I can make it come true earlier.

What about you ,my dear friends?
Aug 22, 2006 04:52
  • BELLELI
Travelling Soul?

Don't know.
Aug 22, 2006 19:48
  • LOVEISVERB
What a thought provoking question!!
Different people have different answers for this question, because different people travel for different reasons. Some travel for fun, some want a vacation away from their routine life, some for business, some to meet people, some travel for travel's sake......

But all at least expect pleasure and fun from it, the key to enjoy the traveling is to have respect to local people and culture, and be ready to accept what is different from the uniformed world in their minds, because ultimately, there is no such a world.

Then your eyesight is widened, and you are happy...
Aug 22, 2006 20:03
  • RITA
I think the "Traveling Soul" Conny put forward here can be paraphrased simple as "the Soul to Enjoy Travelling", is that right or close to it? Conny? If so, my answer would be "be open and acceptant" at least when travelling.

Aug 23, 2006 08:57
  • TOAD
Ohhh...lets not mention travelling and wandering 'souls', its the
chinese 7th month remember...
Just kidding, conny.

Like you I've dream of travelling the whole of China. Hope to
make a trip to Wuhan soon. Any advice anybody?
Aug 23, 2006 18:32
  • GERALDINE
A travelling soul I would describe as one who yearns for travel- to see and experience as much as you can no matter where!! One who will put up with hardships and setbacks without it dampening the spirit- sounds like lots of people on here are travelling souls.
Aug 26, 2006 04:22
  • CONNY129
Oh ,great ,GERALDINE said what I mean :)

"A travelling soul is one who yearns for travel- to see and experience as much as you can no matter where!! "

I usually plan my next trip even when I'm on trip :)

What about u ?
Aug 27, 2006 00:49
  • GERALDINE
Hi Conny-
you sound like me in that I too am planning the next trip while still completing the last- maybe the travelling soul is actually a restless soul that requires many experiences to be settled!!
Aug 27, 2006 13:14
  • MISHEN
My grandfather wrote the following entry in his travel book "The Wanderlust":

One of my partners on the ship was a Russian Jewess, an attractive girl with flashing, dark eyes. Although she knew several languages very well, her English was so poor that we had to converse in French. One night as we sat talking, I learnt from her some of the customs of the glamorous East, and many entertaining stories of her life.
“Monsieur is a wanderer, nest-ce-pas?” she asked, with an expressive gesture of her shapely hands.

“It is in my blood, mademoiselle,” I replied. “My people have travelled everywhere. My ancestors were also restless beings. I love to sleep on anything that moves.”
Aug 27, 2006 20:24
  • CONNY129
oh ,yes, the great affair is to move .

you explained the title of the thread so well that I'm quite happy you can understand me ^@^
Aug 28, 2006 02:08
  • LEMONCACTUS
wow... I love that quote...

'I love to sleep on anything that moves'

A travelling soul is perhaps a restless soul, always longing for adventure, something new, different or interesting that can only be found in new people and places.

I'm not sure if I have a travelling soul, for one day I think I would like to settle somewhere. A travelling soul suggests to me that it will never be happy to settle: nomads or gypsies perhaps have travelling souls ? Their ways of life are to be always on the move.

I LOVE travelling: it's not always easy but it opens the mind and the heart, it challenges and it teaches...
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: what can be called a travelling soul
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code