Menu
learning chinese in Dalian university of foreign languages
Sep 10, 2006 12:21
  • ANONYMOUS185
I would like to share my experience with those who have studied chinese in Dalian before.
I know there are many possiblities to learn chinese in Dalian, but i would like to know if i am the only person who have had really bad experiences with the attitude of the employees at Chinese Departement of the Dalian university of foreign languages.
I am extremely disappointed about the way they treated some students. I am not sure if it is a general attitude of dalian people or if the number of responsibles at the chinese department were less than needed, but i never felt compfortable when i asked them questions. For a foreign student it is a new world, but when i needed help, they sent me away or answered them totally impatient and unfriendly.
I have heard from a friend who contacted this university before, that they were incompetent and he complained about this university. I did not believe him until i made my own experience.
The teaching is acutally not that bad, but if the whole department is unpleasant, studying there will be unpleasant, too.
I would just like to let some of you know that you should better choose another institute to study chinese.
Sep 10, 2006 22:59
Hi!

Sad to hear your bad experience at Dalian University of foreign languages. I went to Beijing and studied at ACLS (Academy of Chinese Language Study) through an organization called World Link Education. The WLE administration, before my program started and in Beijing, were very responsive, making the whole process of getting to China and living in China much easier. Any questions or problems that came up were easily solved. I thought the WLE program offered an ideal mix of exactly what I was looking for: a way to improve my Chinese while experiencing China. The classes at the Academy were intimate (2 to 6 students in my level) and well taught.
Sep 11, 2006 03:43
  • JOHNWANGJZ
hey:
I see your post in DalianXpat,Mayge you are soooo angry.I am living nearby Dalian Foreign Language School,and I am also having a bad impression.Maybe
I can introduce someone warmhearted.see you

John Wang Email: vip.sina.com|wang
Nov 9, 2007 03:36
GUESTSILVI Hi!
I was reading your message about Dalian and I got shocked...I am going to go there in February, have I to be terrified?!
Explain to me well...
Thanks,
Silvia
Mar 29, 2008 06:27
GUEST39350 This is one, University to stay away from. Teacher and student, Alike!
May 5, 2008 22:33
GUEST09175 Is there a better place to study Mandarin in Dalian?
Oct 17, 2008 15:11
GUEST11962 My daughter, who is American, is in her second semester at DUFL and has had a very positive experience. She loves it and thinks the teaching is good. Sorry to hear of some bad experiences.
Dec 4, 2008 08:11
GUEST70237 I am a Chinese in Dalian, and maybe I can give some advice for whom new to China, add my msn if you need help or advice. msn: hotmail.com|fei886
Feb 17, 2009 06:44
GUEST05593 I studied there in 2006 during a winter shortcourse. Amazing experience - was extremely happy with the teaching - i learnt a lot there and made some amazing friends. On the same trip I also went to BLCU and would probably say i learnt more in dalian as there were less foreigners and i was forced to use my zhong wen.
i had no real issues there with the admin that i recall. the chinese new year celebration they organised was an unforgettable time!
i wasn't best mates with the guy at the gatehouse though - i woke him up on several occasions over the five weeks i was there because they lock the gate and i was out and about at nepalese bar - LOVE THAT PLACE and the people! Also i had to write my name so many times on that dorm list because i hardly made curfew. that being said, i studied hard but also partied pretty damn hard. I love that place. Dalian ROCKS
Apr 28, 2009 22:05
GUESTSMILECH... I am a Dalian girl, really understand your feeling. Sometimes the cultural gap between countries may cause misunderstanding and bad experiences , however still hope you will not too disappointed to the whole city. I am working for a mandarin training center in Minzhu Square, you may know it, named " Smile Chinese International Language Training Institute". If there is anything we can be helpful to you or the friends here, just feel free to contact with us. Our website www.smilechinese.cn
Email: hotmail.com|smile.chinese
Aug 20, 2009 01:38
GUEST13220 hy....
i am going to china next year to learn chinese...
i am indonesian...
i got some recommendations about university at chinese...one pf them is da lian...
thx God i read your post....i wont go there...even if some people said that da lian is good,,,,said something positive about it,but i wont take that kind of risk...

hmm....i am considering qing dao...
ocean university of qing dao
have you guys heard about that university or studied there?
may u share ur experience there??
TQ so much for the help...
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: learning chinese in Dalian university of foreign languages
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code