Menu
How do you make lily tea?
Sep 13, 2006 16:27
  • GRIZ326
I bought some lily flower pedals which I was told make good tea...but my first attempts have produced almost flavorless hot water.

There must be a trick to it.

Can someone help please?

...oh...when you make flower teas, do you eat the flowers???
Sep 14, 2006 04:20
  • PINETREE
Griz,
I thinking making tea is not that simple. I believe it has to be dried, fried,etc, etc. Don't really know but most of us do not have the knowledge & equipment to do so.
Maybe someone can advise better.
Sep 14, 2006 04:55
  • CONNY129
I used to drink rose tea ,it is very simple ,just put it in hot water ,I don't know if lily tea can be made the same :-(
Sep 14, 2006 10:15
  • LEMONCACTUS
I can't help either. I've drunk rose tea too Conny. Also chrysanthemum tea, but the buds are dried, as Pinetree says, and it's just a case of adding hot water and waiting.

I don't think you should eat the flowers, they get very soggy, but you could try ;)

I have my own tea question, if it's not too rude to hijack your thread...

I love to drink 红枣茶 (hongzao tea) but haven't seen it anywhere for sale outside of restaurants. I did speak to someone who said you needed to buy a lot of ingredients and make it yourself. Does anyone know if you can buy it in the shops (already made)?

Thanks
Sep 14, 2006 10:39
  • GRIZ326
I bought many packages of it at a very nice tea shop in Shenyang. The shop was right on the big shopping mall/walkway there.
Sep 14, 2006 10:52
  • JABAROOTOO
I'm sure if you go to one of the specialty tea shops you willfind what you are looking for although there are so many varieties I wonder how any one store could stockit all.

Good luck with the little petal tea. you may find it has very little flavour anyway.

you should also be able toeat the other flower petals too. One of the Sichuan teas I like is Chrysanthinum and there is a small red berry they all along with dates, all edible and delicaious.

Enjoy your cha
Sep 15, 2006 00:35
  • ALICEGAO
People use dry flower pedals (lily, jasmine, etc.)as supplementary materials to tea.
You need to use hot water to make a cup of green tea first, add the flower pedals directly into tea until the leaves totally extended.
There're some packed flowertea sells in supermarket, they just add some flavor of flowers into tealeaves, and make it with flower scent. Actually, never think it's too bothersome to spend lots of time in making a cup of tea, at the end, you can really enjoy the natural and healthy tea!
Oct 1, 2020 21:21
GUEST71439 I thought lily flowers where toxic to humans🤔🤔🤔
Oct 12, 2020 03:15
  • MIAWILSON
Rinse tea cup and teapot with hot water. Fill the teapot 2 grams (1-2 teaspoons) tea leaves for every 225ml of water. Infuse in hot water at 90°c (194°F) to 95°c (203°F) for 2 to 3 minutes for the first and second brewing. Gradually increase steeping time and temperature for subsequent brewing.
Jul 2, 2021 05:49
GUESTANDREW ... Go.to TNT super market they carry it there also it'll be much cheaper then at tea shops ....I buy my.Chennai cha there and for ten bucks you get a.giant brick of it whereas other places your lucky to get twently individual bags for that and tbh.it's better quality than David's or the other generic labels 🍵
Also in reply to the brewing issues very few flowers candy and on their own.as a tea they need other base leaves fruit peels roots berries etc to build and balance the final product remember never put boiling hot water on any tea as this will scald your leaves and it won't steep properly and it won't get all that could have been for flavour what my daughter and i.do is write a list.of the health benefits of each plant/flower we harvest for tea and web we fill our steeper we base out ingredients on what we feel may need o be remedied. For instance today my base was a tbsp. Of raspberry leaves,pinch ea. Of dandelion root Lily birch bark and creep in Charlie because I felt under the weather and sad so it's a natural fix and tastes great
Sep 27, 2021 16:16
Rinse tea cup and teapot with hot water. Fill the teapot 2 grams (1-2 teaspoons) tea leaves for every 225ml of water. Infuse in hot water at 90°c (194°F) to 95°c (203°F) for 2 to 3 minutes for the first and second brewing. Gradually increase steeping time and temperature for subsequent brewing.
Post a Reply to: How do you make lily tea?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code