Menu
Suitable attire in Huangshan
Sep 15, 2006 02:50
  • VHNH888
I'm planning a 3 days two nights trip to Huangshan with my wife and 2 pre-teen boys in 1 Nov06. The temperature will be about 4 Centigrade. Can someone advice me on the suitable clothing for such a trip?

Thanks

Hong N H
Sep 15, 2006 08:51
  • APAULT
Yeah.. Warm clothes!

How about parkas/anoraks or whatever they are now called and thick loose trousers. And if you don't have a hood on the parka, get some woolen beannies as you can lose a lot of heat through the head. There should be plenty of 'long john combos' on sale, that's what the locals wear underneath. Personally much as I hate the cold (anything under 21 C !) I didnt wear them in minus 12C in the north last year. I prefer pyjama trousers as they are looser fitting...and may save expense, and also wore an extra sweater.
Sep 15, 2006 09:38
  • VHNH888
HI Paul,
Thanks for yr advice on attire. What about footwear? Will a normal track shoe good for climbing Huangshan? Understand that a typical climb can be 4 hrs long, is there any rest place along the way for refreshing (food and drink)?

Thanks
Sep 18, 2006 04:57
  • ALICEGAO
Hi,
Since the path on Mt. Huang were constructed into stairs, you can just wear the nomal shoes, such as futher shoes, sport shoes , or sneakers to climb it. But make sure they're very soft and confortable. It's really not an easy job to walk so many hours during one day, especially when you take two young boys with you, you'd better to stay one night in the hotel on the mountain,but it's really very very expensive. While, if you try that, you got chance to watch sunrise in early morning there. Not too bad, right?
I set up very early last time when I traveled there, generally speaking, it only takes you 8 minutes to get to the top of mountain by cable, but you HAVE to wait in the line of cabletaking for at least 2 hours, so, when I got there, it's already very late to see sunrising.
It's wise to take cable to the top of mountain by cable, 'coz nothing you can see there by climnbing up the mountain, lots of thick trees in the way that make you can't see anything far.
Sep 18, 2006 05:07
  • ALICEGAO
As for the food sells on mountain,hmm... it's usu. 5 times higher than original prices, such as the small bottled mineral water, it's 1 or 1.5 kuai in any shops, but at least 7 kuai on the mountain. there're some restraunts on the way, but these dishes tastes so so.
By the way, take enough warm clotehes,it'll be very cold there in Nov.
Have fun!
Post a Reply to: Suitable attire in Huangshan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code