Menu
Does Guilin and Yangshuo lies on the same place? *confused*
Oct 16, 2004 23:23
  • MULMANALU
Forgive me for being naive: I want to visit Guilin in March 2005. Should I book a hotel in Guilin OR in Yangshuo? How far is the Guilin Airport from the city itself or from Yangshuo? Are they (Guilin and Yangshuo) actually one city-region? I am not clear about this. Please someone explain it to me, I would be very grateful. And I read about West Street? Is it in Guilin or in Yangshuo? Would it be optimal to stay on this street (ex. by Lisa's as someone recommend this hotel in this forum? where to look at its homepage/photos?)
Would FOUR days be enough to cover major places including a visit to Ethnic Minority Centre (I read it here) and a river tour? THANKS A LOT!
Oct 17, 2004 09:16
  • WWENDY
Hi,
In general, yangshuo and guilin are the same area. Guilin is an ideal city to start your Li River cruise to Yangshuo.West street you mentioned is in Yangshuo.

For more information about any tour you mentioned can be found in the following website for more details:

http://www.unclebobtravel.com/unclebob.htm
http://www.yangers.com

Good luck

Wendy
Oct 18, 2004 07:56
  • MULMANALU
dear Wendy, thanks for your reply. It helps me a lot. have a nice day.
Jan 1, 2017 22:45
GUESTUNCLEBO... Unclebob Travel (based in Yangshuo)'s answer:

Yangshou to Guilin is like a suburban area of New York to New York, or it is like Parramatta (a suburb of Sydney) to Sydney. Yangshuo's landscape is the best of Guilin.

There is a saying that "Guilin's mountains and rivers are the best of China, and Yangshuo's are the best of Guilin." This saying may help you understand the relationship of Yangshuo and Guilin better.

Good luck for your travel plan!

Jul 26, 2017 04:06
  • GHOST
Yangshuo is about an hour's drive from Guilin. We went recently, taking the Li River Cruise, staying in Yangshuo for a couple of days, and returning to Guilin by private hire car that our hotel arranged for us (¥300).
Well worth the visit, and Yangshuo West Street is a fun street to see, eat, and be in.
Post a Reply to: Does Guilin and Yangshuo lies on the same place? *confused*
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code