Menu
Perscriptions
Sep 21, 2006 19:08
  • GERTUCK
I will be going to Guangzhou for 6 months and need to find out if I can get all my medicine in China? I take about 10 perscription medicines and will need to get them in China while I am there.
Sep 21, 2006 21:07
  • TEKNOMED
Hi Gertuck,Some prescription medicines are difficult to find in China. Since you will be in Guangzhou, you can travel to Hong Kong for your prescription.
Sep 24, 2006 10:09
  • JABAROOTOO
Suggest you bring as much as possible with you but going to HK will be your only other option. Just not worth the risk of being without them if you can;t get them filled. Translating it would be an issue too
Sep 24, 2006 10:55
  • APAULT
Hello Gertruck

I confirm there can be difficulties getting prescription medicine here and translation can be difficult. They don't even use standard names like asprin or salicylic acid, or paracetamol. Howver there is pharmacy book in which standard compounds can be looked up and translated, tho few offer to look it up. Some prescription drugs do not need scripts here, tho I believe that is being tightened up a bit.

However there are sometimes cheaper generics available. The price of international brands is probably close to their overseas prices. As you have a significant requirement why not try and find someone inthe city u r going to who is willing to check it out for you. Should be same city as I can't get my generic drug in the south, only the brand name.

Nov 28, 2006 20:11
  • JAMESWANG
On XianLieNan Road, there are quite a number of pharmacies. List your prescription medicines here and see whether we can find them there. Translation could or could not be a problem. It depends.
Jul 5, 2008 21:10
  • BLUEYANKEE44
I have no problem getting my scripts. And my medicines are not easy to find,in some pharmacies in the states,without a huge cost attached.
Post a Reply to: Perscriptions
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code