Menu
life, not a simple word
Sep 26, 2006 21:53
  • EXLIFE
this is a photo of a 19-day old panda, cute? i always pondering that life starts easily and mysteriously by a germ cell, but how one will enjoy or suffer from life is complicated and hard to tell. is it the god that has determined everythine before the birth, because too many things change and happen even beyond our imagination. throughout life, you have to constantly give up and pursuit something eventhough you have never thought your ideal is dying away. in the limited lifetime, you need to make choices that determines whether you will turn right or left. really hard to make one, isn't it. one sentence always on my monther's tongue is to make a decion when you have to, but how hard it is. life is hard, suffer, enjoy which comes first, it is up to us!

Sep 26, 2006 22:15
  • CONNY129
life = half paradise + half hell :(
Sep 26, 2006 22:16
  • PINETREE
If we believe that we were created, then life was simple at the beginning. We were just like the wild animals, roaming around freely - without clothes, without worries & without joy - probably.
Over the course of time, we have made a situation for ourselves. A situation like what it is today - full of intrigues.
Is life a suffering or a joy ? Why are we here in the 1st place ? But the development of a cell to a fully developed whole is indeed magical. It is beyond us to understand now.
If we look at a newborn baby, she/he looks so innocent and vulnerable. Yet we know that in time to come, he/she will grow up to be burdened with the joys/sadness of life, like all of us. Does it really want that ? We think so because we feel the joy of having a product of our own. But I am not sure that's what the baby wants - anyway, it is beyond him/her to choose whether to be borne or not. It is the parents who decide whether they wanna bring another life into this world to give themselves some happiness - or regrets.

We like to say that Human are fortunate to have a good brain. I am not sure that is something good. But console ourselves we need to - always.
Sep 26, 2006 22:23
  • ALICEGAO
The baby panda is very cute, thanks for sharing the picture with us!
I'm wondering the same thing as you do. If it's really as what you said that everything has already been set by God before the birth, what's the point of searching the meanings of our lives, just wait and recieve is more enough, if you get what you want, congratulations! On the contrary, be patient to learn how to accept the truth which can make you become more mature.
But, there's also an old saying goes, "God helps the person who helps themselves", we live our lives for ourselves and also for others,so we should be responsible for our own lives. We can chose the positive or negative way of spending our own lives. Making a decisoin is better than being in a dilemma and doing nothing.
Sep 26, 2006 22:31
  • CONNY129
well said ,Pinetree . Huh , you have wide and deep insight of life .
Sep 26, 2006 22:45
  • PINETREE
O, no - sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something. Doing nothing is not always bad - nothing is absolute in life. Doing something for the sake of doing it, is not an intelligent thing to do. We should know what we are doing.
"Maturity" is subjective - not doing anything may not be immatured. Quite often we are taught - "if u are not sure, don't do it". Who sayeth this ?
Hahaha !!
But yes, life is a magical thing - at least that's what we believe for now.

NB - it seems that a person's intelligence, personality, characters, traits, sex, etc are all basically formed and determined when the embryo is still in its very early stage - a few months old.
Sep 26, 2006 22:55
  • ALICEGAO
I didn't mean doing something for the sake of doing it, actually, once you made the decision, you already did something, rather than nothing. What did you do? MAKE the decision of doing nothing, and wait to do it until you're sure.
Thank you for telling me that, though.
Sep 26, 2006 22:59
  • PINETREE
Point noted, Alice.
Sep 26, 2006 23:11
  • ALICEGAO
I prefer to be considered as a careful Alice, haha...
Anyway, thanks!
Sep 28, 2006 11:06
  • GRIZ326
Life is the heaven or hell you create for yourself with your thoughts, words, and deeds.
Sep 28, 2006 22:22
  • LXTX
Owning life is in itself the most beautiful and lucky thing.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: life, not a simple word
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code