Menu
Mandarin Teaching Qualification
Oct 1, 2006 00:36
  • CHYNAGYRL
Hello. I wonder if someone can answer this question for me. Do you know what qualification is required for a Chinese person to teach Mandarin as a second language at a public or private school to foreigners?

My next question is this... If I want to get a certification so I can teach Mandarin in a Western country (ie Canada), what is this certificate called, how long is it, and where can I take this training program? It seems logical that if I'm going to study Chinese next year, I might as well go all the way and get a Mandarin teaching certificate, so I can teach Mandarin in Canada. I'm currently an intermediate level student who comes from a Mandarin speaking home.

Please help me! Thanks.

Oct 1, 2006 20:12
  • ALICEGAO
If you want to teach Chinese abroad, of course you need to get the certification.
Which city are you in?I only know that you can take the test to get the certification in Wuhan University in Wuhan, Hubei province.
And you got to get familiar with lots of subjects to prepare for the test, not only need to take language class, but also some cultural classes. Oh, I almost forget the ancient Chinese language course which is most annoying and useless subject for your Chinese teaching later.
Oct 1, 2006 23:38
  • CHYNAGYRL
Are there Mandarin teaching programs in Beijing? Perhaps at Tsinghua or Beijing University?

I'm also interested in studying at Yunnan University or Yunnan Teachers College.

Oct 19, 2007 06:10
GUESTJANE For your 1. question:
There are plenty of classes for getting qualified to teach Chinese to Foreigners, in Beijing and also other big cities in China.

For you 2. question:
each country outside of China, has his OWN REQUIREMENTS for teachers. If you want to get a certificate in CHINA and with it work abroad, there is absolutely NO Guarantee. This is first of all, for any sovereign state, as self-understood question, irrelevant other's opinion!!
This is the most important point.

Mar 12, 2008 15:37
GUESTKAISER please let me know whethere i need to actually attend the classes or just pass the examination to get the certificate in hubei university.
Sep 11, 2012 10:09
GUEST21104 attend the course or just pass the examination

ahhhh the beauty of the Chinese education methods...

i'd recommend that you attend the course and gain a practical application of what you learn, rather than just a pavlov's dog reaction with no skills whatsoever.
Post a Reply to: Mandarin Teaching Qualification
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code