Menu
freeiva.com- is this an honest site?
Oct 7, 2006 12:16
  • OLDSCHOOL
I will be in Beijing on October and will require a tour guide. This will be a short visit, only 2 days.
I have looked at freeiva.com for a tour guide. Is this an honest site? Is it a good place to find a guide?
I also looked on That's Beijing, and have been in contact with a guide there.

I must make a trip to the Great Wall. How many hours will it take to leave the hotel, travel to the Great Wall, take some photos, and return to the hotel?
This is a good site, thank you for your help.
Oct 7, 2006 12:38
  • JODIE
I personally think the website is OK, but maybe you can bargain on the price. As far as I know, there are many students in Beijing can act as part time guide. They can charge less money because their real purpose is to practice English speaking, but I don't know how to contact them.

I think 10 hours is enough for your trip to the Great Wall and return.
Oct 8, 2006 06:29
  • SOLOTO007
Hi, It's a good site to book guide.
By the way, I'm a guide in Beijing and intend to join freeiva.com. I've met many tourists from Israel, England, Germany and USA. Please feel free to contact me and send your email to yahoo.com|soloto007.
Oct 8, 2006 20:47
  • HELENHOU
The Great Travel may take about 7 or 8 hours. That's also according to where you live and the traffic.The traffic of Beijing is very bad.If you are traveling on wenkends, you can contact me at
yahoo.com.cn|helenhou11
Oct 28, 2006 18:39
  • OLDSCHOOL
Well, I selected a guide from That's Beijing dot com. It was a great trip. Her name is Catherine, and I highly recommend her. Her fee was $50 USD per day. I crammed a lot of activities into 2 days. It was time well spent.
Oct 29, 2006 06:53
  • APAULT
You said the fee was $50 per day! WOW, she saw you coming!!!!!
Oct 29, 2006 10:45
  • OLDSCHOOL
Perhaps- it was worth the price. I would have never found my way around the city on my own, and freeiva charges way more than this.

So, what should I have paid for a full day with a private tour guide? Say 8 am to 10:30 pm?
Oct 29, 2006 11:05
  • OLDSCHOOL
I used this website to read about Beijing & Shanghai, and to ask some questions. I did not realize this site is set up to provide tours and tour guides. I apologize. I was sent to Shanghai at the last minute for work and did not have a lot of time to plan my short visit to Beijing.
Apr 30, 2007 04:39
  • JABARTOO
Oh, you are very lucky. You are stronly advised to hire a guide or business interpreter from a formal comany, then you will enjoy your trip without any risk. Last year my money was killed by a lady whom I found from a forum.

Sep 11, 2007 06:46
GUEST30236 I am planning to visit yiwu in OCT 2007, require english language Translater
Sep 21, 2007 09:27
  • ELLYSE
However, sometimes good tour guides work for themselves instead of being tied to a company. Up to you.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: freeiva.com- is this an honest site?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code