Menu
Qing Ping Shui Huo-Nanning
Oct 8, 2006 23:33
  • MAICAM2910
Hi,
I've heard that Qing Ping Shui Huo is very beautiful place in Binyang, Nanning, Guangxi.My friend who comes from Binyang, Nanning once told me about that place. Unfortunately, we've out of touch for a long time.And that place is not well-known by foreigners.
So if any of you know about this place. Please tell me.

Thanks alot
Oct 13, 2006 12:06
  • VIATURATI3
so, ah, me from Nanning and spent 20 yrs there, never heard of this place and i doubt if the spelling is correct as it doesnt mean anything in chinese.
anyway i searched and found a Qing Ping Shui Ku, which is a reservoir and here are some pics of it: http://www.0771by.com/gallery.asp?types=paste&c_id=127
it seems (and sounds) to me like a typical chinese artificiel tourist spot and the gouvernment does "develop" and identify it as a "resort", like, not sure how long you have been in china, adding plantation and cottages on it.
it does look good though, and the most important thing is you having a good time.
Oct 13, 2006 23:01
  • MAICAM2910
Dear Yan,

Thanks alot for your precious information. My chinese is so bad that the spelling is not correct.I've just followed your link and found that the photo are so beautiful. It's really a place I'm trying to seek. I wonder that how many islands ( is it called correctly?) are there? I wish I can read well Chinese to understand more about this hidden chamful place.
This China Lunar New Year I'll have a short visit to there. I think that I can have a remarkable holiday by sailing in a boat and cherry blossom sightseeing.
Many thanks to u again and if u are pleased I'd like to make friend with u.

Best Regards,
Mai
Oct 14, 2006 07:42
  • VIATURATI3
hey,
i am glad that you like it and decide to go, please do remember to rent a better boat to contribute more to my city's gdp.
but in guangxi the chinese new year is usually the coldest time along the year, be prepared and i wouldnt expect cherry blossom.
you can pm me your contact info. i am going home this winter as well, one more year with no home food i will get sick.
do try the Bin Yang Suan Fen sour noodles.

yan
Oct 16, 2006 21:32
  • MAICAM2910
Yan,
Thanks for your reply.
I tried Bin Yang Suan Fen sour noodles several times in the past. It tastes really good. Really,Its is similar with Pho in Vietnam (Pho: is one kind of noodle soup, not sour). I like to have chance to eat it again.
What a pity that I can not see the cherry blossom. Maybe I should wait until Qing Ming time when the weather is warmer? Can you advise me any place in Quangxi where cherries are blossomed during China Lunar New Year?
One more thing I'd like to ask if u don't mind:where's your hometown?In quangxi or quangzhou?

My warm thank to you all.
Mai
Oct 17, 2006 03:52
  • VIATURATI3
hey,
you probably know more about the sour noodles than i do as i have had it no more than a couple of times. but to me it is closer to cao lau (dry dissorted noodles from hoi an, vietnam) as it is not served in soup and the taste is a bit similar too. anyway both pho and cao lau are among the top of my list.
cherry is not guangxi's favourite plant. there are peach blossoms instead, which come out around march, the exact dates depend on the weather.
i am from the city of nanning but i came to live in guangzhou 4 yrs ago, rarely go home. i dont think i know guangxi that well any more.
Oct 17, 2006 22:46
  • MAICAM2910
Hi Yan,

I'm glad to see u again.
I think you'd come to Vietnam at least one time. Apart from HoiAn, what were other places?
I'm from Hanoi, Vietnam. Unfortunately, I've never touched Caolau before. Last month, as you may know, Xangsane typhoon had dangerous damage on Middle of Vietnam.But thanks God, Hoian seems not be affected at all. And I will try to go to Hoian next year.
Sour noodle of Binyang, for me,is not only a tasty food but also an forgettable memory.
One more thing, can you tell me the distance between Naning City and Binyang. I doubt it about 80 kms, but I'm not sure. Can I go by train or only by bus?
Hope to see u soon.
Mai
Oct 22, 2006 10:02
  • VIATURATI3
Hey,
sorry that it took me so long. i was in vietnam in 2004 for 3 weeks, the classical open tour. so i have been to hanoi, hue, hoi an, nha trang, mui nei, hcmc and can tho. it was a great experience and i enjoyed the whole trip.
i am not sure how far nanning is from binyang, i rarely went there. but wherever you are going in guangxi buses are always the best, the public express leaves often and are punctual.
Post a Reply to: Qing Ping Shui Huo-Nanning
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code