Menu
Travel between Kunming - Dali - Lijiang - Kunming
Nov 3, 2006 21:33
  • ROSSEGAN
Can someone advise us on above. Our tour agent claim coach travel between Kunming - Dali is only 4 -5 hours by highway? But we hear from friends it is 9 - 10 hours!

Basically deciding on whether to fly between the above desitnations or by coach? Appreciate advice from those who have "been there, dine it!"

Cheers ... Ross
Nov 4, 2006 01:31
  • YINMEI
Hi Ross,

I have been in Lijing for two years,and did this trip before.
Yes,it takes about 5hrs form Kunming to Dali;about 3hrs from Dali to Lijing.You can take bus from Kunming to Lijing and take plane from Lijing back to Kunming.
If you have enough,why do not go to Zhongdian.

For more info,please reach jimmy_yj88yahoo.com.cn

Have a good trip.
Nov 4, 2006 08:11
  • ROSSEGAN
Thanks Yin Mei for the propmpt reply. What is the travel time by coach between Lijiang and Kunming? Appreciate your sharing of your experience....Ross
Nov 4, 2006 20:01
  • YINMEI
Hi Ross,

Nov and Dec are good season to travel Lijing by coach,right now there are not too many travellers and accommoditions would be lower than summer time.
You can take coach in Kunming long distance bus station that 5minutes away from railway station.
It is called (南窑汽车站)in Chinese.

Have a good trip!
Jul 7, 2010 01:06
GUEST56142 Hi,

Can you please tell me if there is a train from Lijing to Dali? If so how do I book it and how long does it take? We are travelling with two very small children and trying avoid travelling by bus or car for safety reasons.

Thank you,
Sharon
Jul 7, 2010 01:46
  • BAKUI
The train (K9620/K9617) from lijiang to Dali departures from Lijiang Dong (Lijiang East Railway Station) at 11:55. The duration time is about 96 minutes. The hard seat is 19 rmb and the hard sleeper is 43-45rmb.

Another one L9018 also departures from Lijiang Dong (Lijiang East Railway Station), but at 15:56 and takes about 107 minutes.

The train ticket is usually sold 10 days ahead in the ticket offices in dali down area or the train station. Sorry I don’t know how to book it online.
Aug 16, 2010 15:10
GUEST60107 Hi,
I will arrive in KMG 14:05 05/Dec by Tai Air & traveling to JIZUSHAN (Chicken Foot Mountain 50 km from Dali) for two days.
I have only two days in Yunnan and my propose is going to Jizushan to look around and if possible to stay one or two night in the mountain.
07/Dec. from Kunming departure time is 09:10 back to Santiago Chile via HongKong and Toronto.
Any body can help me how to arrange it ?
Is there any flight from KMG to Dali after 14:40 ?
Is there any flight from Dali to KMG in the early morning to catch the flight of 09:10 ?
I know there are flights between KMG & Dali but when I visited Travel Agent thru internet and resulted there are no flight !
Thanks in advance,
Esteban Liao
SantiagoChile
Aug 16, 2010 21:05
  • CHERRY07
There are two flights from Kunming to Dali on Dec 5.
07:25 MU5987
21:35 8L9901

It takes around 35 minutes.

There are flights from Dali to Kunming on Dec 7. But no flights can meet your requirement. To catch your flight on of 09:10 on Dec 7, you need to get to Kunming airport 1 or 2 hours early. But the earliest flights takes off at 8:40.

To get to Chicken Foot Mountain, you can take a taxi from the airport to Xiaguan Bus Statton(下关客运总站). It takes around 20 minutes and costs around 50-60 RMB. There you can take bus to Binchuan (it costs around 13.5). Then you may take a mini-van to Chicken Foot Mountain.

Actually, you can take long distance bus from Kunming to Binchuan directly and then take mini-van to Chicken Foot Mountain. After you arrive at Kunming airport, just take a taxi to Kunming Nanyao Bus Station(昆明南窑汽车站). It costs around 20 RMB. Then you can take bus to Binchuan. It costs around 132 RMB and takes around 5 hours. After getting to Binchuan, you can take bus to Chicken Foot Mountain. The ticket is around 12 RMB and takes about 80 minutes.
Aug 18, 2010 23:13
GUEST47139 Hi! We will be travelling from Dali to Lijiang on Saturday September 25, 2010. Can you please tell me if there is a morning train from Dali-lijiang? If so, what is the schedule and where do I get a ticket? Thanks so much!
Audrey nweyes.com|atalleyrostov
Aug 19, 2010 02:50
  • BAKUI
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST47139

Hi! We will be travelling from Dali to Lijiang on Saturday September 25, 2010. Can you please tell me if there is a morning train from Dali-lijiang? If so, what is the schedule and where do I get a ticket? Thanks so much!
Audrey nweyes.com|atalleyrostov

Trains from Dali to Lijiang East Railway Station:
L9014/ L9015 at 14:03 and K9618/ K9619 at 18:41. Duration time is about 100 minutes. No morning train.

If you want to travel in the morning, bus is a good choice. It depart from 0700- 1830 every 30 minutes.
Aug 19, 2010 12:02
  • APAULT
The Dali Railway station is way out ot the Dali Old City that you are likely to b staying at. There are MANY buses from Dali to Lijiang. Just ask at a few of the travel agnts in Dali...prices and bus quality vary, say 50 to 80 rmb and I think about 2 hours.

BTW: if you arrive in Dali City railway station from Kunming, you will need to catch the No 8 bus to the Old City (Cheng Gu), a distance of about 20km. I think it was 4rmb last year.

From Lijiang you could consider going to Zhandian (ShangriLa) ideally stopping off for the Tiger Leaping Gorge.... and if you are young and have the time, the mountain walk parallel with the gorge is well worth the walk. I recommend an overnight at the Naxci Family GH or the one after (Tea Horse (horse not house!) GH I think). Avoid the youth hostel/hotel at the end of the walk but continue a bit further to one of the next guest houses (Tibet and Sean's).
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Travel between Kunming - Dali - Lijiang - Kunming
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code