Menu
Travel between Kunming - Dali - Lijiang - Kunming
Dec 30, 2010 04:20
GUEST05078 Does anyone know the dates of the Spring Fair in {Dali,http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/dali.htm} 2011?
Feb 13, 2011 05:09
GUEST04183 i dont know about highway or rail track....but it might take u ages if u walk ....lol
Feb 23, 2011 05:07
GUESTPEI Hi.. My family and I are going to Kunming-Shangri la-lijiang- Dali. We have 10 days in this trip. Our first day is at Kunming and the next day we book a flight to Shangri-la (zhongdian). Do you think is there is any problem about high pressure? As I heard shangri-la is at the high attitude.
In shangri-la, we plan to go to songzanlin monastery and bitahai lake. We also plan to meili snow mountain but is it difficult to go there ? and do we have to climb?
To shangri-la to lijiang , we plan to hire a bus so that we could to to tiger leaping gorge. Again, we don't want to climb and don't want to walk so long. is it possible to see the beauty of tiger leaping gorge with a short walk.??

To lijiang, we plan to go Jade snow mountain, black dragon pool, and old town. We plan to stay here 2-3 nights.
Take bus (or train) from lijiang to Dali and have 1 night stay here.

And again take bus (or traint) back to kunming.
Can any one suggest me about my itinerary. ? I am quite worry about the transportation to each place. and the climbing because I go with my day and mum 62 yrs. old. thank you very much for your idea. ...
Feb 23, 2011 22:08
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTPEI View Post

Hi.. My family and I are going to Kunming-Shangri la-lijiang- Dali. We have 10 days in this trip. Our first day is at Kunming and the next day we book a flight to Shangri-la (zhongdian). Do you think is there is any problem about high pressure? As I heard shangri-la is at the high attitude.
In shangri-la, we plan to go to songzanlin monastery ...

1. Yes, Shangri-la is at the high attitude. But a few visitors are influenced; maybe it is because it has more plants there.
2. You’d better charter a car to Meili Snow Mountain and also stay one night there (Feilai Temple is a good choice). One day is not enough to go back to Shangri-la. It seems there is no cable car on the mountain and you have to climb.
3. There is also beautiful scenery along the way to tiger leaping gorge. It depends on you whether to have a short or long walk.
4. Your itinerary is fine and quite similar with this one but oppositely directed. Maybe you could refer to it to get some inspirations~ http://www.travelchinaguide.com/package/tour-km03.htm
Last edited by BL2022: Feb 23, 2011 22:09
Mar 1, 2011 02:07
  • HIGHNOON
Hi,

I am going arrived in Kunming Airport at 6:55am June 4 and depart at 10:00pm on June 16.

I have nothing planned or cast in stone between that day.
So a lot of questions I am asking would be to help me decide on how to occupy those days.

The difficult I have at this time is to pay the hotels/inn and buying bus/train tickets from outside china.

Here some questions:
Is it difficult to get train ticket (bottom bunk, soft or hard seat) on the day of travel?
Is it difficult to get hotel/inn in Kunming/Dali/Lijiang/Shangri-La (and residence of ethnic group) during that period -- without prior booking -- since I can't pay them.

Thanks

Apr 26, 2011 04:15
GUESTMAX could i get a train or bus from lijing to kunming as I want to get a train from kunming to lhasa
do you know how much it will cost
Apr 26, 2011 20:52
GUEST1641
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTMAX

could i get a train or bus from lijing to kunming as I want to get a train from kunming to lhasa
do you know how much it will cost

No direct train from Kunming to Lhasa. If you want to take the train, better go from Kunming to Chengdu by train and then take train to Lhasa.

Train schedule: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-trains/

I do not suggest you take bus because it is not safe. Or you can take flight from Kunming to Lhasa directly.

Flights: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/china-flights/
Apr 28, 2011 07:41
GUEST20251 Hello,

I am travelling to Yunnan in July and would like to visit Kunming, Dali and Lijiang (any other places to recommend?) for about 8 days. I was wondering if it is better to join a tour group or to travel alone? If it is better to join a tour, could i book this when I arrive in Kunming or should I book it in advance? I am a 21 year old female and know limited Chinese Mandarin and have heard that it can be somewhat rough to travel alone in Yunnan - is this true?

Thanks,

Sandra

May 1, 2011 22:17
GUEST6405
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST20251 View Post

Hello,

I am travelling to Yunnan in July and would like to visit Kunming, Dali and Lijiang (any other places to recommend?) for about 8 days. I was wondering if it is better to join a tour group or to travel alone? If it is better to join a tour, could i book this when I arrive in Kunming or should I book it in advance? I am a 21 year old ...

If you didn't come to China before, better join a tour to Yunnan and book it in advance. If you have much experience in traveling, you can do it on your own.

Here are some itineraries for your reference:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/tour/yunnan/
Jun 2, 2011 16:53
GUEST37106 Only 3 days plus.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Travel between Kunming - Dali - Lijiang - Kunming
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code