Menu
Travel between Kunming - Dali - Lijiang - Kunming
Jun 9, 2011 22:50
  • LISAHAHA
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST20251 View Post

Hello,

I am travelling to Yunnan in July and would like to visit Kunming, Dali and Lijiang (any other places to recommend?) for about 8 days. I was wondering if it is better to join a tour group or to travel alone? If it is better to join a tour, could i book this when I arrive in Kunming or should I book it in advance? I am a ...
If you do not know Chinese very well. you have to join a travel group, however there are some limits when you are travelling together with the group(you can not enjoy your time),or you can get an interpreter to be your personal guide, or find some English major Chinese students to travel together with them.
Jun 28, 2011 15:23
GUESTKWCASE Hi there This august I'm going for about 10 - 12 days to China (for the first time) by flight into Kunming. After that I would like to visit Dali and Lijiang (and maybe something else...).
- Has anyone any suggestions or tips where to go?
- Is it easy (and safe) to travell, to get bus/train tickets. I'm a little worried about that...
- And does anyone know something about this period (rain, cold etc.)... Thanks Kees
Jun 28, 2011 20:55
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTKWCASE View Post

Hi there This august I'm going for about 10 - 12 days to China (for the first time) by flight into Kunming. After that I would like to visit Dali and Lijiang (and maybe something else...).
- Has anyone any suggestions or tips where to go?
- Is it easy (and safe) to travell, to get bus/train tickets. I'm a little worried abou...

-For places to go, you may refer to http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/yunnan/kunming/
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/yunnan/lijiang/
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/yunnan/dali/

-Train ticket is not easy to get. You may buy it in advance. The bus ticket is much easier to get. There are many foreign travelers in the area. Safety won't be a big problem for you. Just take care of your belongings. There may be pickpockets.

-It is not cold. Take Lijiang for example, the average temp is 10℃-26℃ in august. But there maybe more rain than other times.
Feb 20, 2012 17:21
GUESTALISON Hello. I am an acupuncturist and Chinese herbalist from North Carolina. My friend and I wish to see Chinese herbs growing, in the wild, and/ or in herb farms. Where would be the most likely places in Yunnan to connect with the plants? I amagine the most plants grow in the rainforest area of Xishuangbanna. It seems a bit far though, for a several day trip, as we would really like to see Dali and Lijiang also.
Thank you for any leads!
Dec 15, 2012 09:55
  • VNBOY
On Wednesday 06th March 2013 , I have to take a flight at 17:45 PM at Kunming Airport , I would like to know : Can I take a coach early morning from Dali to Kunming on the same day with no problem to catch my flight in Kunming airport at 17:45 PM ? . Thank you
Jan 21, 2013 06:53
GUEST52144 hi we r planning to visit yunnan in march. we only have 6 days. is there time to do the trekking in the tiger leaping gorge & visit shangrila, lijiang & dali too. if not shd we drop dali or shangrila?
Jan 25, 2017 09:20
GUESTEC LEE What is best way to travel from
Dali to Lijiang then to Diqing (Shagri-la). Preferably by coach or train.
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Travel between Kunming - Dali - Lijiang - Kunming
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code