Menu
?????????????????
Dec 6, 2006 10:54
  • DUMBOLINA
Good morning China!
I'm an italian girl. I'm coming to Yunnan University on February to study chinese for six months.
What should I take with me?(kind of wearing, useful things, etc.)
I don't have any idea, I only know that in Kunming it's always spring, but does it mean that I should take T-shirt and sandals or something hotter?
And how's nightlife over there?
If you have any kind of advises, please let me know, I'll be so grateful!!!!
THANKS A LOT
Dec 6, 2006 13:51
  • ELLYSE
Take a look at http://www.wunderground.com for an idea of what the weather has been like in the past for Kunming, make your decision for clothing based on those. I don't know if you feel cold easily. However, when I was there in September, it's cold enough to need a light jacket in the morning and evening while short-sleeve for noon and afternoon is fine.
Dec 6, 2006 15:58
  • GRIZ326
There have been many threads here in which people suggest buying your clothes in China because they are inexpensive. The only caution is that if you are a big woman with big feet getting clothing/shoes will be more difficult for you.

I found the Chinese in Beijing and Shenyang to be pretty snappy dressers. Bring some nice clothes for going out and some nice walking around clothes.

There was some astonishment expressed by my Chinese friends at how Westerners would dress like bums when they could afford nice clothing.
Dec 7, 2006 07:59
  • DUMBOLINA
Ok,
I'll take with me only some shoes for my great feet and I'll buy clothes over there!!!
thank u for your advises, but u didn't answer the other important question: HOW'S NIGHTLIFE FOR STUDENTS/YOUNG PEOPLE? I'm very curious...
thanks and.. see u soon!!!!!
Dec 7, 2006 18:59
  • MAY001
I suggest you to read more about Yunnan and Kunming first. You can have a look on the head of this page, and click China Guide. Then choose Yunnan and read.
Enjoy!
Jan 7, 2007 22:01
  • CSHANSELLO
I also suggest you bring with you any western medicine that you
need. I have found that you can get almost anything you need
here, except for some medicines. English books are also rare, but
if you are only here for a few months, that shouldn't be a problem.

Make sure to try eating in small, dumpy looking resteraunts to get
the full experience, but only eat food that is cooked fresh for you
(same goes for street food).

Enjoy your stay in China!
Post a Reply to: ?????????????????
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code