Menu
Annoying music on chinese buses
Dec 19, 2006 03:18
  • ALICEGAO
Four and a half hour bus ride, not so long, but seems a tourture for me. 'Coz the driver just kept on playing some annoying Chinese pop songs which are hard to be named as music. And what's worse, he kept the volumn as hign as even be able to let the dumb here the songs.
It happends quite often when I take the long-distance bus?
Have the similiar experience?
Dec 19, 2006 03:42
You could ask the driver to turn it off or at least turn is down, couldn't you?
Dec 19, 2006 06:37
  • ALICEGAO
I thought it works,too.
But the drivers just enjoy it, maybe it's also a way for them to keep alert during so long bus riding, I guess.
Dec 19, 2006 08:05
  • YINMEI
Hi Alicegao,

It happens in every long distance bus around China,this is Chinese stupid style.
In my hometown Chongqing you can find this kind stupide thing even on the city bus,sometimes the sound of monitor was very loud,lots of Ad been played,nobody likes it,but you have to beat it as the passenger.

Welcome to Chongqing!

Cheers!
Dec 19, 2006 19:21
  • MAY001
Quote: But the drivers just enjoy it, maybe it's also a way for them to keep alert during so long bus riding, I guess.

Yes, I have the same guess.
Dec 20, 2006 22:51
  • CALIFORNIA
Haha,so funny~~~~~
Dec 21, 2006 02:22
  • RGREENHK
I am a fellow-suffered, traveling frequently on inter-city Chinese buses. Almost as worse as the music are the kung fu videos and people making calls on their cellphones. My answer is noise-cancelling earphones. There are many kinds on the market, just do an internet search. I use Creative HN-505 which I bought at Mongkok Computer Center in Hong Kong for HK$198.00 and they are good enough for me. Good luck.
Dec 22, 2006 11:31
  • ROGER1
It's not only a problem in China. A few years ago I travelled the entire length of the north coast of Spain by train- very nice, quiet, clean train, very scenic trip, just one problem - continuous piped music for the whole time! It's a form of torture!
Dec 22, 2006 18:15
  • APAULT
I also hate the loud music, but as I'd ratehr listen to Chinese Pop music than the stuff my sons listen to in Australia.. boom boom boom!

Usually, I am sad and ashamed I cannot understand Chinese, but when the music is blaring out, I cannot be distracted by the words! (As the old saying says: 'every cloud has a silver lining').
Dec 23, 2006 02:11
  • TEKNOMED
I belive all bus drivers around the world go to the same driving school. They all behave the same and listen to the same type of unpleasant music at the loudest volume.
Post a Reply to: Annoying music on chinese buses
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code