Menu
homestay in Beijing
Dec 30, 2006 06:09
I would like to know what a basic home in china is like. My husband three daughters (1, 3 and 5 old) and i will be traveling to china sometime in the new year, i have visited Bali and had a wonderful experience however the only thing lacking was i never got to spend time with a balinese family and share in the true culture.
Is it possible to rent a room with a chinese family. My family all sleep in the same room now. we are not a typical Australian family (big home and fancy things) we are farmers and are quite simple people. I would like to have a true experience in china. we are planing to visit/ stay in Hong Kong, Beijing and Xian.
Dec 30, 2006 18:39
  • SOLOTO007
I don't think it's easy to find such a family, as you know, there is large demand of rooms in Beijing, if a family has room available, they would like to lease it to someone with longterm contract.
It's a good idea to travel at your own steps and on your own term, so you can experience the real China, you'd better have a personal guide with you, sure he/she will be of great help.
Dec 30, 2006 19:21
Hi,
My aunt's family has two empty rooms that she is considering letting out. If you would really like to stay with a chinese family, let me know your dates and I will check with her.

Email
comfortbeijing#yahoo.com.cn
(replace # with @)

Happy New Year!
May
Dec 31, 2006 05:47
im unsure of dates presently, my husband and i have to repair our house first (cyclone damaged) we estimate that we will be finished in 6 months. as you can see i like to do my homework first. we would be very interested in staying with your aunts family, do they speak any english (as i dont know chinese) and do they have any children. are they on the outskirts of Beijing or in the city.

Thankyou May.
Feb 28, 2007 11:06
  • BENILDA
Hi! I'm part of a group tour going to Beijing next week. One part of our itinerary is a homestay. Visit the website of www.tour-beijing.com and look for the Beijing Gaobeidian Village Homestay. I hopd it helps
Mar 1, 2007 04:56
why not come to Shanghai?
Post a Reply to: homestay in Beijing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code