Menu
Hong Kong to Kunming..need Travel Guidance
Jan 15, 2007 23:42
  • VEERANKI
Dear Friends

This is my first post.

Iam in Indian presently working in Hong Kong. For the Chinese New Year I have a long holiday for a week (16th Feb to 20th Feb) and thought would spend some good time with my sister who is now studying medicine in Dali University, Yunnan, China.

I already applied for China Visa today and hopefully I shall get it in next couple of days. Meanwhile, I need a help from you expats guiding me for these few questions towards my travel plan:

1) Iam planning to Start from Shenzhen (after reaching there from Hong Kong by Train) to Kunming. From Shenzhen, I want to take a bus to Kunming. Is it adivisable?? From Kunming I shall proceed to Dali.

2) Due to big Chinese New Year festival starting on my travel date (16/02/2007), can I comfortably get a good bus to Kunming? How Long is the Journey? What could be the fare?

3) Iam unable to get a flight to Kunming from Shenzhen (some are very very expensive Charging massive RMB 1500). Is there any cheaper flights charging less than that. I had tried with websites and through local agents here in Hong Kong.

Please guide me with the above questions.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Veeranki
Jan 16, 2007 00:42
  • KYLE
Hi,
I have done the same trip many times so I can help you with everything.
This is the smoothest (and cheapest) trip.
From Shenzen go to Guangzhou and take the night train Nanning, from Nanning take another night train to Kunming.
From Kunming there are soooo many buses that go to Dali. You must catch it from the train station.
(although I reccomend spending some time in Kunming)
You should be the tickets 10 days in advance ad well as your return tickets. I dont think there is a bus but a train is much much more confortable. It should cost you 700RMB one way
Good luck
Kyle
Jan 16, 2007 01:59
  • VEERANKI
Kyle

Thanks a lot

I shall look into that.

Best Regards
Veeranki
Jan 16, 2007 09:59
  • LIONPOWER
Thanks Kyle for suggestion on it but it is suitable for normal time. In new year holidays, it is too difficult. So take care.
Jan 26, 2007 22:17
  • KMLAWYERCHEN
You can get to Kunming by train, from Shenzhen --Guanzhou--Kunming, it will take you 26hours, the total ticket price is about 400 RMB yuan.
From Kunming to Dali, you can take bus or train, the ticket price is about 100 yuan. The transportation is convenient from ShenZhen to Dali via Kunming.
By the way, I am a lawyer in Kunming, I came from Dali, and work in Kunming. If you have time, we can have a talk. tel: (0)13095338075, E-mail:163.com|kmlawyerchen
Oct 12, 2008 22:47
GUESTWHENDY iam pilipina our team we go to 3rd hall,kunming internationall meeting & exhibition center, kunming city yunnan province,china for the tournament of badminton we be held at nov.14 to 16,08. how to get there in kunming, what direct filght and hotel? what airport?
Oct 25, 2008 21:16
  • ELLYSE
Huh? From where? Kunming has an airport of its own.
Jan 3, 2009 01:18
GUESTHARUN Hi,.
pls give me the Train Number,time and travel price of Kunming--shenzhen--kunming. i am waiting for your rply.
Jan 3, 2009 12:34
  • ELLYSE
There's no direct train for either Kunming -- Shenzhen or Shenzhen -- Kunming.
Jan 26, 2009 01:23
GUEST69210 I am in Lijiang now. I need to arrive in Shenzhen, or Hong Kong to exchange my L-VISA to Z-VISA on February 8th. What would be the cheapest way:
1) Take a flight from Lijiang direct to Shenzhen?
2) Take a bus from Lijiang to Kunming, stay there 2 nights in a hostel and then a bus or train to Shenzhen?
3)Take a bus from Lijiang to Shenzhen, if available?
Jan 30, 2009 01:50
  • ELLYSE
1) and 3) are not possible. Your best way out is 2). Take an overnight bus Lijiang -- Kunming, try to get a train ticket for the earliest possible train to Shenzhen or Guangzhou.
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Hong Kong to Kunming..need Travel Guidance
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code