Menu
Muslim food
Jan 17, 2007 08:45
  • SODAGAR
any idea about good muslim food in nanjing? i have tried some but...... maybe some one can guide me to some good muslim place which has Nan and kabaabs :) ,
Jan 17, 2007 21:34
  • APAULT
Go to a Mosque and make friends :) Though my limited experience of Muslim food in China is not the 'Indian/Pakistani' type that you mention. That style tends to be expensive as it is niche market foreign food...as you note in your other thread
Jan 18, 2007 03:42
  • SODAGAR
thats exactly what i did today , went to the Main mosque at sanshan street and had long conversation with the Imam of masjid through my gf ( i can't speak chinese :) ) .
Chinese muslims from Kashgar and urumqi are quite good in making kabaabs and nan , i thought maybe i can find some in nanjing but tuff luck so far .
Strange thing i have noticed is that muslim foods are relatively expensive as compare to normal resturants .
Jan 18, 2007 06:46
  • ELLYSE
Here're some suggestions to try:

1) 138 Wangfu Dajie
清真安乐园菜馆(王府大街店)
王府大街138号

2) 53 Wangfu Dajie
克兹古丽餐厅
王府大街53号

3) Xinjiekou, 89-1 Shigu Lu
马老头大盘鸡
新街口石鼓路89-1号

4) 61 Hankou Lu
耶古拜穆斯林餐厅(汉口路店)
汉口路61号

5) 260 Guangzhou Lu
丝绸之路穆斯林餐厅
广州路260号
Jan 24, 2007 12:02
  • SHAHID786
The fairly new Kohinoor Restaurant sits above the lobby in the Ramada Hotel. The food is typical Indian and Pakistani fare (HALAL FOOD} although not as spicy. However, they could surely add some heat upon request.
Kohinoor Restaurant is a Muslim restaurant and its the only real muslim restaurant in nanjing.
As should be expected from a reputable hotel chain, the restaurant and hotel bathroom appear quite clean. Servers are attentive ?
A typical meal for two would cost 70 to 100 yuan not including drinks
How to Get There

Take the subway to Gulou (鼓楼) station and walk north-west for a few minutes on Zhongshan Bei Lu (中山北路). Kohinoor is on the 2nd floor directly above the hotel lobby.

Kohinoor offers free home delivery within 3 kilometers of their store. If delivered farther than 3 kilometers away, the taxi fare will be added to the bill.

Jan 29, 2007 02:25
  • SODAGAR
I am back to Pakistan , In my short stay i have been to lots of Muslim restaurants , rather i was surprise to find so many Muslim places , On my last day in Nanjing i even located a " Silkraod Muslim restaurant " and surprisingly they do sell " Naan" bread .
Somehow , according to my Chinese host , most Chinese people like to eat Muslim food .If you buy Nanjing official map in English , you will find 2 Muslim restaurants mentioned in it . may this information will help somebody like me when he or she come to Nanjing .
May 3, 2008 20:55
GUEST33238 yeah you are right in china there is many muslim resturants but there making food is not delioush like pakistanoi food ooohhhhhhhhhhh i miss misssss my pakistani food too much mom very soon i am coming back to my great pakistan...
Sep 17, 2008 23:53
GUEST23984 i'm going to shanghai this october... can anyone tell me where can i get halal food (chinese style cook) and where can i shop cheap stuff (branded goods)
Oct 25, 2008 00:15
GUEST69204 you can find muslim food 5mins walk from Salvo hotel in shanghai. have fun
Oct 25, 2008 00:23
  • ELLYSE
There're quite a number of halal restaurants in Shanghai, more than is practical to name. Look for the words 清真.
Nov 24, 2008 10:32
  • DAULAY
Quote:
Here're some suggestions to try:

1) 138 Wangfu Dajie
清真安乐园菜馆(王府大街店)
王府大街138号

2) 53 Wangfu Dajie
克兹古丽餐厅
王府大街53号

3) Xinjiekou, 89-1 Shigu Lu
马老头大盘鸡
新街口石鼓路89-1号

4) 61 Hankou Lu
耶古拜穆斯林餐厅(汉口路店)
汉口路61号

5) 260 Guangzhou Lu
丝绸之路穆斯林餐厅
广州路260号

Dear Ellyse
Are these the name of the restaurant that provide halal food for moslem?
Do you have any idea, whether there's a caterer that provide halal food for me everyday, I mean it's not a restaurant.
Thank you
Ahmad Daulay

Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Muslim food
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code