Menu
Buying an Apartment in Sanya-BEWARE!
Mar 10, 2008 03:36
GUEST08101 I am interested in buying a property in Sanya, can you help with some advice, estate agents to go through, prices and expected returns?

Thank you
Mar 11, 2008 21:46
GUEST68206 Please tell me the detail of porcedure buying a apartment in Sanya
My email:163.com|liuliu541
Best regards
Mar 17, 2008 08:44
GUEST35227 hi im Mr Tan, im from singapore like to know how to buy property apartment or condo, can anyone help me ? i may like to look at place like chongqing can anyone help me ? or can email me at : live.com.sg|ogoto
Mar 22, 2008 02:57
GUEST11248 I would also like to buy property in Hainan/Sanya. I am european. Please email me at gmail.com|andrei.tabirca with details and requirements for property transactions. Thank you!
Mar 31, 2008 08:14
GUESTFRANK ... HI-will be in Sanya in one week. Send detaIls of properties available.
Apr 28, 2008 20:36
GUEST69234 I have bought in Sanya too (www.banshanbandao.com) and have the following to say about my experiences:
1. The developer will always ask for 100% upfront payment but it is possible to negotiate a bit. I achieved 60% upfront and staged payments for the rest with 20% due at time of handover of keys to the finished apartment (the buildings are still being constructed).
2. People talk about 5-7% transaction fees for buying an apartment but I do not know what they are talking about. I used an upmarket law firm for the DD and refused to pay the agent who showed me the property (since he also gets commission from the developer) and have not seen more than maybe 1-2% of transaction fees so far. Maybe there will be other fees upon completion of the contruction but I am yet to learn about these..
3. People talk about a bubble in Sanya. I think that my apartment at 23,000RMB/Sq.m. is dirt cheap! In any country you pay similar prices for prime city locations and beach locations. My apartment in Shanghai (which is not really mine, I just rent it) goes for 80,000RMB/Sq.m. and it is my benchmark for what sea-view beach-side proprty should also cost once the Chinese start buying in to the 2nd home market more significantly (which I believe will take a maximum of 2 years, but that is just my amateur judgement).
4. Chinese real estate agents have no education related to their job, they can not answer almost ANY question about a property they are showing and they give you one set of information when you first see a place just to modify it for when you sit down to discuss details around the purchase (they do not know anything about the property when they first show it to you but in fear for loosing face they rather give some balooney answer instead of admit that they do not know.)
5. Ban Shan Ban Dao is easily the best quality property there is on Hainan Island. I ahve seeen most of it and, trust me, this development is the only one that comes even close to the quality I have in Shanghai (where I live in a rather upmarket building in Xin Tian Di).
6. It is correct that you need to have lived in China for >1 year which is not a problem for me and that you can only change 50KUSD per person & yr. The latter can be overcome by using friends and family for changing money. I also get part of my salary paid in RMB in China so have been able to save up some of the needed cash.
7. Eligeble foreigners can take ~70% mortgage on buying a property but it cannot be leveraged later if you choose to pay all equity at time of purchase. If you want leverage, the bank pays the money straight to the developer. The bank can only make ONE payment for every property which means that you would be forced to pay 100% upfront if you choose bank loan! The bank only pay their part if/when you pay yours... I have made the purchase using equity only which is not optimal but the rest of my global property portfolio is leveraged so the effect on my total portfolio is manageable.

Cheers!
Aug 15, 2008 14:09
GUEST22170 Hi:

We have an ocean view, 2 bedroom, 2 bath (99.73 M2) for sale in Dadonghai/Sanya.
One block from the beach. If you’re interested e mail us at yahoo.com|jh_ryanbbl

Thanks,

John Ryan
Aug 25, 2008 23:49
GUESTGUEST, ... I can tell everyone very clearly that the sanya real estate market is well defined and easy to understand, but you must, as ANY real estate market, do your homework, separate the good from the bad.....current prices for ocean/beachfront new properties in Sanya range from 20 to 30,000rmb per square meter. If for example, you went to my sanya community site www.sanyaexpat.com, to read up on all the 5 star international hotel, real estate, phoenix island and other infrastructure developments, you would probably conclude that prices will not ever go below current price levels. If you compare Sanya as a tropical destination to other worldwide tropical destinations, it has its weaknesses but in fact compares very well.....Cheers, Mario
Oct 9, 2008 09:11
GUEST13459
I love sanya and have been there many times but I'm live in out side of China. I'm dreaming that one day I will be a beach front farmer at Sanya. Sometimes I think I havn't seen much culture and music down there. Otherwise, I just love Sanya and would like to have a home. I'm checking all the infomation right now.

It was very nice to see above message. Thanks.
Jan 6, 2009 23:17
GUEST92225 Sorry to hear about your negative experiences.

I have been to Sanya many times, and love it.

Mosquitoes? almost never.
Lots of friendly people,
Very reasonable prices most of the time.
Why take the taxi's, 12cents for a bus 24 hours a day almost anywhere

and unbelievable clean beaches, great clubs (ok, far too loud, but great music and lots of friendly people having a great time)

Many beautiful women

Water sports galore,

Real Estate, heh, I purchased 3 years ago and have seen a (potential) 40% increase in price.

Sure, it was not easy to find an apartment unless you have lots of cash, but for the persistent, it holds great potential now and for the future.
Page 2 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Buying an Apartment in Sanya-BEWARE!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code