Menu
Buying an Apartment in Sanya-BEWARE!
Jan 6, 2009 23:21
GUEST92225 Hi John... Please tell us more... we are interested.
Please write us at: gmail.com|eslteacher2006
thanks in advance and

Have a great New Years...
Jan 6, 2009 23:35
GUEST92225 good for you... Heh, that converts to like 250k with an ocean view...

We have a 2br in Dadonghai 4 minute walk to the beach and we love it. If you want to talk, you can contact me at: gmail.com|eslteacher2006

Good luck, be happy and

YES, in my opinion you bought at the right time for a fair price
Jan 6, 2009 23:39
GUEST92225 IS this Joe?

This is Robert from Dadonghai, remember me?

Anyway, I own an apartment above the Rainbow Bar and Restaurant.
and we love it too...

If you want to talk, my email addr is: gmail.com|eslteacher2006
Jan 19, 2009 21:20
GUEST37084 I have no idea who you have been speaking to - but this is nonsense! I have 3 properties in Sanya, each of which I have decorated and remodelled myself without any of these problems. The property DOES NOT continue to belong to the developer and the management of the property is passed onto a management company, under the 'control' of an elected resident committee whom, to some extent, have control over what monies are spent on maintenance of the whole estate.
The purchase of property in China is no different to buying a leasehold property in London - you own the actual property whilst the government (or, in the case of the UK, a private landlord) continue to own the land and it is on a renewable 'lease' to you. As such, there are some restrictions on what can be done with the land, but the only restrictions I had with internal development were safety ones (not to remove supporting walls etc).
Perhaps you need to look at other developments and compare your experience with the wider buying population.
Jan 19, 2009 21:31
GUEST37084 I have 3 apartments for sale in Sanya. Each is owned by a Hong Kong company and therefore there is no restriction on ownership with regards to time in China. Also, as we are selling the shares in the Hong Kong company rather than the property there is no sales transfer tax to pay nor restrictions on currency which can be used.
The details can be downloaded from: www.affinity.com.cn - click on 'Sanya'
Jan 22, 2009 01:32
GUEST48617 Don't be ripped off by Sanya real estate developers! Pay what they are paying for land leases...500RMB or less per square mtr!(build your ownm place for 1500/mtr). Eight million RMB for a townhouse..how does 450K RMB sound ...mountain views..fully decorated!
Contact me at "hotmail.com|maybaby808" if you want the inside track on buying real estate in Sanya!
Jan 23, 2009 14:11
GUEST19154 what would be the total price in pounds sterling? contact hotmail.co.uk|chris.parker48
Jan 27, 2009 02:00
GUEST64638 Hang on to your money everybody...within the next 6 to 8 months realtors will be dragging you in off the street begging you to buy.They will be selling luxury seaside condos at firesale prices! Sales at new real-estate starts are down 50% from this time last year.Many projects are on hold waiting for an influx of cash that just isn't coming.Worksites have been abandoned as capital dries up.
Not true you say....Sanya is no more immune to the Chinese real-estate meltdown than Beijing..Shanghai or Shenzen.Questioned about new purchases,sales agents only reply with worried smiles.
If the housing market can collapse overnight in the U.S. What makes you think it isn't going to happen here where the bubble has been ready to burst for more than 2 years only proped by influxes of government cash which just isn't there anymore!
Mar 1, 2009 09:25
  • SANYACENTRAL
There are some new online resources for Sanya that might help with people looking for apartments in Sanya.

Still new, but getting bigger everyday, www.sanyacentral.com is a good place to start your search for cheap hotels, apartments for rent, and other affordable accamodations in Sanya, Hainan Island, China.
Apr 2, 2009 04:50
GUESTAT I am really interested in your proposal. Can you share more details? Like where and the location to hotmail.com|andrew19561956
Page 3 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Buying an Apartment in Sanya-BEWARE!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code