Menu
Buying an Apartment in Sanya-BEWARE!
Oct 2, 2011 09:25
GUEST33195 be careful if you plan to move to sanya. the real estate agents are crooks. they lie and then change their story daily. they all like to tell you how everything is expensive but the truth is they are not. my gf and i rent and we pay 2700 rmb a month. we stayed in a hotel for two weeks so we would not be pressured into signing a lease without first knowing the city. dont expect any help with information since everyone in real estate here will tell you how it is busy season in the winter. truth is, it is not busy at all. most of the buildings here are at least 40 percent vacant. i suggest a hotel for at least a week and you will see that patience pays off.
Oct 31, 2011 20:08
GUEST11136 Hi all,

I am an expat currently living in Beijing looking to sell my beach-side Sanya studio apartment on Sanya Bay Road. Leaving China soon.

For serious inquiries, please drop me a line at yahoo.com|mg_blinder
Dec 6, 2011 23:42
GUEST71926 OK guys. I moved to sunya in jun of 2011 and opened a restaurant in sanya bey. I have to say that I agree with most of the comments. The 99% of real estate agents are crooks. But with all these sad we finnaly find a way to get to know some nice people and it is not good yet but getting better. I have to say sanya is a large place. dadonghai is not the most representative places. The city has lot's of really nice places. Just have to find them. In this place to cheat a foreigner is a sport, so be ready and don't get pissed. and the funny part is when you get them read handed they don't apologies. they just admit that U were smart and got them. Don't fire every idiot cause the next one is gonna be no better but try to find a way to teach them (it U can).
The worst part is that the government is not like from mainland china. They are lazy and if you want to brink investment and do some business looks like they are not happy. At least they are not supportive at all.
Anyway, I am doing business in china for 18 years and I speak perfect Chinese & shanghainese but still I would not say that I know everything about this place. These are just my observations. Don't take is as a DOGMA and do your best.

Best of luck!!!!
Jan 18, 2012 10:03
GUEST02031 HOI

I am dutch and I like to know the name of your restaurant and if it is possible your email adress

THX
Marianne Pitters
Nov 14, 2012 20:57
  • VANYA
For rent! For those who want to run oun restaurant in Sanya! 120 sq.meters, 2 floor, cosy and clean restaurant, fully equipped. 5 minute walk to the seashore. DadongHai, HaiYunLu opposite PizzaHut in Summermall. For more information contact: Vanya 188-76-99-6561, mail.ru|vanopus2805
Jan 22, 2013 11:35
GUEST81545 Do you know an interesting apartment on sale in Sanya?
Any real estate person you can refer to , which is kind of honest :)

Thanks

Guy
Feb 28, 2013 09:38
GUEST47355 Have you heard about, in Sanya, if any one ever actually sold out the apartment, without losing a penny? I was told you can only buy an apartment as self use not as investment.
Jun 6, 2014 05:11
GUEST11127 Moving in August to Sanya, now only for month and will be looking for land to build small 3* hotel
Aug 31, 2015 06:10
GUEST19214 I'm from Scotland and stayed in Sanya for 3 months last year. I got to know the area and the people well.

some comments above suggested scams going on, these are no worse than any other city, for example if you get in an illegal taxi, you are stupid and should expect to get ripped off.

I've been an estate agent for many years and can agree with the person that said few of the estate agents there actually know what they are doing. Where possible try dealing direct with the owner/ developer. However, look around, there is a huge amount of building going on and unlesss the airport is significantly extended, there is little room for more vistors to arrive, yet more and more development continues.

Possibly a better alternative is to look for a long term lease for a property that you can develop. It is, as always essential that you use a good legal representative to check the "seller" actually owns the rights to the property. From what I understood the maximum land lease is for 70years, so if the "owner" got their lease 25years ago, there is only 45yrs left and each year it gets closer to lapsing, the lower the value will be.

The most lucrative area is probably around dadonghai, yalong bay is also good but might not be the best place if you actually want to live there rather than just have a holiday home.

There is some minor level crime but by being as careful as you would in any city, you should feel pretty safe there.

There are mosquitos but not in huge numbers and dont carry any diseases.
Oct 1, 2016 01:16
GUEST92529 Have you ever traveled anywhere? Practically everything you said is either erroneous or inaccurate. Sanya is a wonderful place, the taxi drivers are generally friendly and fares are decent. The hotels are gorgeous with huge swimming pools and Sanya is a wonderful place for a vacation.
Page 7 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Buying an Apartment in Sanya-BEWARE!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code