Menu
sun Tze's 'The Art of War'
Feb 7, 2007 03:20
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
Sun Tze's 'The Art of War' is a classical chinese war theory! Some even say it also tells the art of communication with people! Is there anyone interested in this book?
Feb 7, 2007 03:43
  • BBQQ
I haven't read the book though I had the chance, but I really love the opera! Heard that it is popular in some foreign counries, right?
Feb 7, 2007 18:51
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
It's quite popular in West and Asia. But it seemed that less Chinese are interested in it now. Sigh.
Feb 9, 2007 01:07
  • CALIFORNIA
I have read it,so abstruse!!!

But I also like "36 stratagem",does anyone read that???
Mar 6, 2007 03:14
  • JOHNNY512
the book is amazing
"The Art of War" is one of the oldest and most famous studies of strategy and has had a huge influence on both military planning and beyond.

First translated into a European language in 1782 by French Jesuit Jean Joseph Marie Amiot, it had been credited with influencing Napoleon, the German General Staff, and even the planning of Operation Desert Storm. Leaders as diverse as Mao Zedong, Vo Nguyen Giap and General Douglas MacArthur have claimed to have drawn inspiration from the work.
Mar 6, 2007 03:15
  • JOHNNY512
u could read it in http://suntzu.xinwen365.net/
of course,it's English version

=========================================

1.Laying Plans

Sun Tzu said: The art of war is of vital importance to the State. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected.

The art of war, then, is governed by five constant factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations, when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field. These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth; (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
Mar 9, 2007 04:56
  • CHETWYND
Probably one of the best books on strategic warfare ever written. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in the minds of people.
Post a Reply to: sun Tze's 'The Art of War'
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code