Menu
About Korean TV plays
Feb 8, 2007 00:26
  • COLLINS
Hello, there

Recent years, Korean TV series have come to China and been loved by a large number of Chinese people, me included:)

However, I am a little curious about Korean TV plays in western countries. What do western people think of Korean TV plays? Have even watched Korean movies or not?

Anyone here can help me out of this? Thanks :)
Feb 8, 2007 00:38
  • ROGERINCA
Hello, Collins !!!

In my city/region in California, I get one cable TV channel which has Asian programming.

They rotate from Chinese, to Japanese, to Korean shows throughout the day.

I like the Chinese shows the best, then the Korean and then the Japanese, in that order.

I have only viewed them a couple of times in the past months, as I have been so busy with work and family. Again, I am biased I think and that is why if I have a choice, I will watch the Chinese shows first, because this is where my interest is !!! :)
Feb 8, 2007 01:50
GUEST42126 Hellp, Rogerinca

Thanks for your comments :)

Happy to hear that you like Chinese shows! I also like Chinese shows, especially Chinese hsitory stories and Hong Kong TV series. Some western people said Chinese shows are slow, but the scenes in the movie are absorbing. Do you think so?

Korean shows, in my opinion, appear to show the purity and persistence in love and are close to the daily life, which satisfy my interest :)

Collins
Feb 8, 2007 02:08
  • ROGERINCA
Ahhhhh...... Collins, it is obvious that you are far more intelligent than me !! LOL

Also, I think you are a true 'romantic' !!! :)
Feb 8, 2007 04:06
  • MENG
Hi collins,
I think the Korean TV series is totally from the western countries'. I like the American TV series called Friends so much. However, I donot think the korean TV series can reach it. Haha~~~
Feb 8, 2007 04:14
GUEST42126 Hi Roger,

I like Chinese TV series, too.

Could you please share some names of Chinese TV plays you like or you know? I am interested in whether we have something in common.
Feb 8, 2007 17:54
  • GRACE28
Hi Collins,

I am from Russia, here on TV they never show non of asia shows, only can see if have cable tv. but also can see on internet ( www.youtube.com ) , i just finish to watch korean tv series "Palace. Princes Hours" , i really liked it, and i agree with you that it much says about purity, intelegance, respect and responsibility in love and family, and it's different from western series just as difference in culture.if you know what is respect in korea then you can understand that western movies maybe never will have it. i think western series can't have this qualities.

but i think its quite similar to chines tv shows. what i most like about it that i can feel spirit, atmosphere of korea or china when i watch it. also Taiwan series is great, i watched "Hospital" " Silence" " Meteor Garden"
Feb 8, 2007 18:50
  • COLLINS
To Roger:
Thanks for your words. :)
Feb 8, 2007 18:51
  • COLLINS
To Meng:

Thanks for your comments. :) And could you please tell me what interested you most in the Friends? I've only heard about but never had a chance to see it :(
Feb 8, 2007 18:57
  • COLLINS
Hello, guest42126

Thanks for inputting :)

What is your favorite Chinese TV series? Would you like share some with us?
Feb 8, 2007 19:37
  • COLLINS
Hello, Grace

Thank you for your words! So happy to know that you like Korean tv series too! Such a pity that I've not watched Palace, Princes Hours yet. I will try to find it on internet.

Yes, Some of Taiwai tv shows are also popular. Meteor Garden had been hot for a long time in China. The main actors in it, F4, been loved by many girls :)

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: About Korean TV plays
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code