Menu
How do you feel about China?
Apr 2, 2007 05:02
  • MAFIE
I like China. It's got it's problems no doubt, mainly with the lack of individual rights, corruption etc. But I live in tianjin and the people here are so friendly to us foreigners and are genuinly honest and good people. Everything's pretty relaxed and hardly any crime, that you see anyway. It's true that Chinese people seem to have more negative opinions of their country than foreigners. Not surpising given that foreigners are treated better by the government than the local people. You get the feeling that there's a lot more going on behind the seens than the average expat will come across. But, saying that, the mystery's the reason most forigners come here in the first place, I think, there's never a dull moment.
Apr 4, 2007 07:03
  • PRICEK1
hello all,im new to this forum but i can honestly say i have always been treated really well when i have been to china,i normally work between the U.K.and various parts of china i.e.Nanjing,Hainan,kangding,heihe,and have been accepted everwhere i have been,i cannot wait to return.
Apr 18, 2007 21:58
  • YUHAOROMAN
China is yet to be perfect, happily enough that people, especially those well-educated and responsible, never give up, they contribute their part, speechlessly, to make the land a better place.

This part of china is waiting for a good timing and chance, it need time.
Apr 23, 2007 02:51
  • ANTONIO
I love Hong Kong. I don't know CHINA. That's why I'm still here; still trying to figure out the MOST IMPORTANT country (for me anyway) in the world.

Flew into the OLD BaiYun airport (3rd world); NOW BaiYun reflects the future. Y2003 was memorable: Guilin, Kunming were magical, mysterious, momentous experiences (where have i been all these years?)

My idea of experiencing (and falling in love with) CHINA is from the southerly direction; perhaps take in the hinterland before graduating to the bigger cities. Of course there are many things to understand about the Chinese people, its habits (past & present). No worries, i'm in love with China. Forever!
Apr 23, 2007 02:51
  • ANTONIO
I love Hong Kong. I don't know CHINA. That's why I'm still here; still trying to figure out the MOST IMPORTANT country (for me anyway) in the world.

Flew into the OLD BaiYun airport (3rd world); NOW BaiYun reflects the future. Y2003 was memorable: Guilin, Kunming were magical, mysterious, momentous experiences (where have i been all these years?)

My idea of experiencing (and falling in love with) CHINA is from the southerly direction; perhaps take in the hinterland before graduating to the bigger cities. Of course there are many things to understand about the Chinese people, its habits (past & present). No worries, i'm in love with China. Forever!
Jun 17, 2007 00:01
  • RAYBROWN
Hi evening-
I have traveled to your country six times since May of 2003.
Having traveled to many places during my lifetime but I must say I prefer China first and foremost to any place I have previously visited.

I do hope to be moving to Shenzhen within two months as I have a job waiting for me there. I don’t speak Chinese and I know that it will be a little difficult for the first six months to a year but I feel that the move is worth the time and effort. I truly enjoy the various different cultures within the same country and I will never run out of new places to visit and new photographs to take. You have a wonderful country rich in culture and heritage.
Jun 18, 2007 03:34
  • LILY417
very interesting story
Jun 18, 2007 03:39
  • LILY417
vivid story! hope you have made much progress in learning Chinese
Jun 18, 2007 12:47
  • LIONPOWER
Lily,
have you read all of 4 pages?
Jun 21, 2007 04:51
  • KSWONG
I am not sure if this question is directed only to the lao wai's (foreigners) as I consider myself more of a hua qiao (overseas Chinese). I find China women very charming and lovely.

But here's a question, is it a normal thing for a Chinese to ask for gifts from their friends and loved ones overseas?

Where I come from, we find it quite embarrasing to request for anything from friends/relatives.
Page 4 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How do you feel about China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code