Menu
How do you feel about China?
Jun 21, 2007 13:08
  • LIONPOWER
Thanks Wong to share with us.
Jun 27, 2007 04:45
  • CAVEDAVE67
I love China!hehe.I went to China for a holiday between febraury 1st and feb26.It reminded me very much of Russia from the buildings,shops and streets point of view.I found the people very happy and nice and felt very safe.I enjoyed visiting the tourist sites and loved looking and learning about the history.The nightclubs"i found"are great and an adventure!.I liked it so much that i am currently doing a TESOL course to teach english in China and hope to be there in January 2008.I noticed that when you visit a park on sunday that there are so many happy families just having fun enjoying each others company.I have only seen a very small are of China but would like to see more.
Oct 22, 2007 02:13
GUESTOMARIA i need more info because im doin a progect
Oct 23, 2007 04:57
  • TUNGSHUNGHWA
Welcome to china and enjoy your stay here
(i have read all the 5pages :)
Oct 26, 2007 04:26
  • LYNVIDAD
Hi evening,

I had been in some provinces/cities of China and it's great opportunity to learn their culture ....I love to see those beautiful places/attractions that is known in China....i started to study Chinese Language because i really want to learn some basic language for me to communicate and to be equip in my travel.....of course to continue my journey in visiting more cities. As a matter of fact, im scheduled again to travel next week in Guangzhou, China.
Oct 29, 2007 09:22
  • CARLOS
I have only visited to Guangzhou, Nanning and Guilin. Where ever I have gone there, I have always been treated very friendly. People are a little amused when I try to speak Chinese, but they always try to help me to get myself understood.
First I was a little nervous, did not know how people would act seeing me travelling with my lao po, but there were no problems whatsoever.
Sometimes in shops I feel like all would think a European is automatically loaded with money.
In Guilin we went to Li river cruise. Wonderful, beautiful, very. Elephant trunk hill, Seven star park and Flute cave ( I think that´s its name), all worth to see.
So far I have experienced only beautiful China and lovely people and fallen in love with all that.
I am planning to visit Nanning (and my lao po) again around Christmas time.

Nov 12, 2007 02:07
GUEST91821 Like every place in the world china has both good and bad.
I have been in qingdao for about 1 year now and traveled a little too.

I'll begin with the bad.

1) Cheats there are more scams and cheats here than i have seen before. What makes it worse is that in some areas people think that it's ok for someone to cheat a foreigner because they are percieved to be rich or because they aren't chinese. which brings me to...

2) racism and discrimination. I have seen a lot of dicrimination in china towards chinese from different regions (north vs south vs west vs east) when i went to the south of china my GF who is from the north got treated far more rudely than i did. Blatant racism towards all japanese (not just anger towards their governments actions and thoose who participated in them but every person with japanese blood in them). I have recieved some racism or discrimination myself but it's more of an exception than a rule and a lot of it is based on my percieved wealth.

3) Rampant materialism and selfishness. This is huge and a big factor in number 1 above. Partly a result of the one-child policy, partly a result of never having a real social life until college, partly other factors, but there is a large group of people who do not care about anyone else. this can be seen in the way people litter in public areas, don't wait their turn in lines, spit inside ect. this also shows up in money maters where sellers try to make a quick buck rather than thiking ahead for example, selling shoddy goods, treating employees like cattle or worse, ect.

Please note the above coments do not apply to every chinese.

now for the good

1) People are generally more polite here. common curtesy, hospitality and the like. It is important here. one example is i visted a students home the parents fed me gave me a room in their home and treated me as if i was their own son.

2) When someone truely becomes your friend they are your brother or your sister in every real way possible. they will do anything for you. I have made several close friends who i consider as close as my own family.

3) Food. anyone who has been to china knows this the food is awsome.

4) Work ethic (this applies mainly to people over 25). Many chinese adults have a strong work ethic and contribute greatly to their companies. Unfortunately that leads to many bosses exploiting them.

I could probably go on for another 5 pages about good and bad things in the middle kingdom but this was what poped into my head first and i didn't want to go to far into cultural and political diferences
Nov 12, 2007 02:34
  • LIONPOWER
5 page not a problem, you can write 10 pages if you feel us as friend.
Nov 17, 2007 03:35
GUEST21471 Selfishness is incredible!
Nov 17, 2007 03:49
GUEST21471 Horrified about the number of newborn babies and pregnant women in the streets! Seems to be noone has heard about using pills or condoms.
Page 5 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How do you feel about China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code