Menu
Nephew of Last Emperor who is calligraphist at Forbidden City
Jan 4, 2014 00:19
GUEST29250 Yes I have the caligraphy hanging in my office. I asked for "sustainability" they decided on a chatacter that means "harmony" of living with nature. I
Suspected a scam...or else it is a sad story of a volunteer nephew who may not really be volunteering. China is all about shortcuts and scams to lift itself monetarily.....thats what the piece means to me....so it is authentic from my trip to China 2013.
Aug 31, 2018 19:31
GUEST87209 I met this old gentleman too. I had two of his personalized calligraphy that day. He is definitely a calligrapher expert. I am believed he is one of the previous Qing Dynasty bloodline related. It was then a fundraising event for the Forbidden city. Is everyone knows his name?
Dec 27, 2020 15:45
GUEST24144 I visited the Forbidden City in 2008 and met a gentleman who was introduced to me as the nephew of the last emperor. He did very fine calligraphy, so I had a wall hanging piece done with my surname and the date, and I had a photo taken with the man. I had no way to know if he was actually the nephew, but that did not really matter to me either way. What I purchased was a beautiful work of art that was scribed in the Forbidden City during my visit that still hangs on the wall in my home today. When I look at it I have fond memories of my visits to Beijing and other parts of China. Regardless of the political differences between the US and China, I find the rich culture and long history to be very interesting.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Nephew of Last Emperor who is calligraphist at Forbidden City
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code