Menu
Chinese wedding ceremony
Feb 9, 2007 00:53
  • COLLINS
It is said that more Chinese people would like to get married in 2007, the Year of Golden Pig. Will you, or people around you marry this year? Have you ever attended the Chinese wedding ceremonies? What is your impression on this?
Feb 9, 2007 01:00
  • CALIFORNIA
I only remebered that I had to pay for it~~~~~~
Feb 9, 2007 01:21
  • ROGERINCA
'Yes' Collins, to each of your questions !! LOL

I think the Chinese wedding ceremony and the family supper are so wonderful to experience !!

In another thread, I will share what I did at mine, which was so different and made all the women and some of the men, in attendance, start to cry !! :)
Feb 9, 2007 03:30
  • COLLINS
Don't worry, California

When you hold your own wedding ceremony, you will get all the money back!! :)
Feb 9, 2007 03:34
  • COLLINS
Hello, Roger

Eager to see what you did at your wedding ceremony!!

Romantic, right??
Feb 12, 2007 23:57
  • BBQQ
I came across a wedding ceremony on the Juyongguan Pass Great Wall. There were many couples. They told about their love stories and many people were deeply moved, including me!

Eager to know roger's wedding ceremony and your love story~~~~~
Feb 18, 2007 14:51
  • ROGERINCA
Hi Collins and Lee Ying,

I am so sorry to take so long to get back to this post, but got busy the past week and did not have time to write the longer posts/thoughts.

My wife Hongxia, has changed my life forever.

Just prior to my most recent trip to China in December, to see her again and marry her, I wrote down several of my thoughts about my love for her and her importance to my life. I organized my thoughts into several paragraphs, enough to fill up a typed page. I then e-mailed my written work to a very professional translator in Shanghai, and had her translate my English into perfect Chinese, paragraph by paragraph. I told the woman, that I did not want just a word translation, but I wanted her to capture the intensity of my words and feelings as well.

At the beginning of our traditional wedding supper with all of her family and many friends in attendance, everyone was gathered around for a formal introduction to the event at hand. After a few introductory words in Chinese by her elder brother, now her family’s patriarch, I told those gathered that I wished to say a few words about my love of Hongxia and our relationship. I gave her niece, who speaks some English, the Chinese printed version of my words and I began to speak from my English version. At the conclusion of each paragraph which I read in English, her niece would read the corresponding paragraph in Mandarin/Cantonese.

It took about ten minutes to deliver my thoughts and feelings in both languages. The room was very quiet as we each spoke. As I was about half way through my words, I first saw, in my periphery, her oldest brother wiping tears from his eyes. Then I noticed many of the woman in the gathering wiping tears from their eyes and/or smiling broadly. At the conclusion of my words I turned to my lao po and observed the most intense look of both pride and love from her eyes and smile, which no woman has ever before, laid upon me. In her beautiful traditional red wedding gown, she rushed into my arms, tears starting to stream from her eyes and at the same time, all those gathered, broke into applause.

This was such an emotional and touching experience for us all. My wife later explained to me that no one had before witnessed a man expressing his written/spoken love for his wife at a wedding supper. Two other younger engaged couples in the group of friends and relatives told my Hongxia, that they, too, wanted to do this at their own upcoming weddings. She also told me that she had never before observed her older brother cry. She added that he told her this was the happiest day of his life. It was not only her brother’s happiest day; it was mine too. :)

Feb 20, 2007 08:03
  • CALIFORNIA
No,collins,there are very less persons will be married in 2007,but more babies will be born in 2007:-)
Feb 24, 2007 21:06
  • GURTY
Really very moving. My Tears run down. A day will never be forgotten.
Feb 26, 2007 10:41
  • LIONPOWER
Wishing Cali's feeling on Roger crying post
Feb 26, 2007 20:52
  • MAY001
I am deeply moved, Roger. You are a great and romantic man.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese wedding ceremony
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code