Menu
Indian ecnomy will surpass China?
Feb 9, 2007 04:06
  • ELLEN77
Recently, I have heard from some news that the power of Indian ecnomy is more sustainable and will surpass China after some years. This arouse my curiosity.

Indeed, China and India have many things in common. They are the two strong developping counties in Asia, two ancient civilized counties, two counties with large populations, and they are all developing rapidly in these dacades.

China has been called the largest developping county in China for years. However, India, though falls behind China, is also progressing with surprising pace. Especially the IT industy, of India rank the first class in the world and stand far beyond China. So the comment is obviously not something from nowwhere.

So what do you think about this? What do you think the advantages and distadvantages of both countries? and what do you think the most promising industry of both counties?
Feb 9, 2007 09:39
  • APAULT
Although India is making big progress it has many social and structural problems which will hinder it. Sure China has problems too, but when the Chinese government makes a decision it is the one policy for the country. For example, everyone KNOWS that the Olympic preparations will be completed in time (we couldnt be sure in Athens). India leads China in IT, but it has been building its industry over a long time and has always had an advantage that educated people speak an English there. China will copy its success and find other industries. My money is on China.
Feb 10, 2007 15:53
  • GRACE28
me too, me too CHINA.

the same as company depend on who it's workers are same the country on who it's people are.
i have been working with both country india and china. i export and in my item i know all others and communicate with them and tendence in one year is : at first indian was more active in the market then chinese but step by step they lost their positions mainly becoz too often cheating ( maybe im just unlucky but i yet didnt meet even 1 indian company that could hold their words) , so all our supplyer beleive china market for future, not indian market, to india just sale when cant sale to china even price is approx same. as for me then indian market for me is a last choise now. for many foreigners china is still hard market to enter but they wait the opportunity in future. so if to see from biz point of view then sure china has brighter future. india never can bit it.
Feb 11, 2007 19:06
  • ELLEN77
Yeah, I agree with your point of view, Apault and Grace. Ineed, China develops over 10 years earlier than India, so the basic infrastructures and some public benifs are stronger than India. Maybe what Apault said social and structural problems of India include this, though not all. I also believe what Gracesaid China has more prospect in the Biz field. one fact is that the market of China is more larger than India. On the other hand, in the global tendency, China also behaves more actively. China has permited the foreign banks to manage in China, this is the first step, I think. China manufacture and Indian sevice have been said to be their traditional advantages. If China does more in its service industry, it will have more voices in the international ecnomy, I believe.
Feb 17, 2007 21:28
  • TEKNOMED
Currently China is leading. Don't count India out yet. India has an advantage, their workforce speaks English. China has a lot of catch up to do. Having said that China do not have social and political problems that hinders its growth like Inda. China workforce seems to be more efficient than India. China adopts the latest technology in their manufacturing while India is still struggling with a lot of old machineries. It will be interesting to watch these two giants in the market.
Feb 21, 2007 18:51
  • GRIZ326
By the middle of this century, India and China could be competing for the world's most successful economy...unless America wakes up and smells the coffee.
Feb 24, 2007 09:46
  • APAULT
I would suggest that India has been trying to develop much longer than China but has only recently begun to take off. It has been thru various development phases such as 30 or more years ago building large power plants and factories, but it didn't achieve much.

China will be the new world power for sure...provided the environment doesnt totally collapse on us first. America stay ahead? No, I don't think so, it's 'fiddling while Rome burns'. Every superpower lasts only so long, usually brought down by over-extending itself internationally, and with China growing rapidly there is a successor waiting.
Sep 23, 2008 17:58
GUESTSHARNJIT The fact has come up that India can be trusted more as compared to china. where the chines goods are not so durable and dependable. If due to cheap labour chines goods are cheap but their reliability is poorer as compared to indian goods. Now India is coming up with comparatively faster face so money will definitely be put with confidence on Inda only.
Sep 23, 2008 18:01
GUEST16196 i strongly feel that indian economy will boost for sure and surpass china in a short span of time. So my money for India
Nov 21, 2008 12:02
GUEST94955 Even if indian words will take time to come in to reality the products they r supplying will be of the best quality.. So even though now china is showing their progresss through their verity of products, mean time once somebody use their prodocts do not prefer to go for that next time. So the chinese ecnomy groth is now in its peak stage will go down and indian ecnomy will come up with their quality products.
Nov 22, 2008 09:02
  • COOLSPRINGS
I don't want to give details. If you get into the study of their life philosophy, you will find the truth is we chinese have not thought of India as an object to compare with. Howeve, our southern neighbor is always keeping an eye on us, which you can read from numerous debates addressed to it on Chines media
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Indian ecnomy will surpass China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code