Menu
Snooker Superstar – Ding Junhui
Feb 15, 2007 00:54
  • SERENA07
Chinese snooker legend Ding Junhui achieved an excellent maximum 147 break at the SAGA Insurance Masters in January, 2007. This is the first maximum seen at the Wembley Arena in 23 years. And he is the youngest player to have ever made such a maximum.

Ding started to play snooker at the age of nine. In his teenager years, Ding won a lot of prizes and champions and became famous in Asia. In 2003, he became a professional snooker player. From then on, Ding started to show himself on the international snooker scene. The year of 2006 saw his becoming a snooker legend.

Being just 20 years old, Ding Junhui has even greater potential in snooker playing, and there are more possibilities in the future of this excellent young guy.

Are you interested in snooker? And do you like Ding Junhui?

Feb 15, 2007 07:28
  • APAULT
Unfortunately, there is not enough on TV...except in Britain. I would love to see more both in China and Australia, it's a great game and I know how it is growing in China. Well done Ding Junhui.

Actually, I believe 147 is not the maximum break, but it is almost impossible to get higher. If your opponent commits a foul before any score has been made and leaves you a 'free ball', it is possible to score 155.
Feb 15, 2007 18:52
  • SERENA07
Sorry. I haven't expressed clearly.
By the word "maximum", I mean the highest score in the history of the SAGA Insurance Masters. :)
Feb 15, 2007 19:03
  • CALIFORNIA
I don't like this sport!But I good at it,so strange!!!
Feb 15, 2007 20:09
  • SERENA07
Hi, California,

I really envy those who can do well the things they don't like. Then how about the things you like? Of course well, right?

Aha! You truly want to show off here!
Feb 15, 2007 20:16
  • SERENA07
After the defeat in the final of the SAGA Insurance Masters, Ding Junhui has been in a bad condition recently and is out in the first games of the snooker tournaments of Malta Cup and Welsh Open. A series of tournaments make him tired both physically and mentally.

As one of his fans, I think that we should not complain about this. Ding is after all a 20-year-old boy. We know that snooker is not that physical-demanding as some other kinds of sport. As the experiences he gains in these tournaments, he will be better in the future.

Ding is great! I hope that he will recover soon and give us a refreshing excitement.

Mar 26, 2007 21:24
  • SERENA07
Last night, Din Junhui beat England's Adrian Gunnell 5-3 and came into the list of Top 32 in 2007 World Snooker China Open.

Ding will meet England's Barry Hawkins who had prevented him from entering the formal competiton of the 2006 Snooker World Championship.

Looking Forward to Ding's good performance.
Mar 27, 2007 17:48
  • APAULT
A great sport and its good to see some good young players in China. I am sure this will become a major sport. A game that was originally played by English 'gentlemen', but these days even Australians are allowed to play!!!
Mar 28, 2007 20:07
  • SERENA07
Ding...lost the game... :(
Mar 30, 2007 18:52
  • APAULT
Yes, I saw that inthe paper today.... a pity. But he is young and has many more opportunities.
Apr 1, 2007 00:41
  • FAYEG
I do not know snooker very well. But I always keep my eyes on such international games. Ding's lost is out of my expectation. Anyway, he is an outstanding player and he is the pride of all Chinese. :P
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Snooker Superstar – Ding Junhui
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code