Menu
Do you want to lose weight?
Feb 26, 2007 03:31
  • PEA28COCK
'Lose weight' is one of the most popular topics almong all the female. They want to keep beautiful and charming for always. :) And I have no exception to that.

I am not very fat but not that slim, either. But still I want to lose weight. My dear friends here, can you give me some advice, practical one???
Feb 26, 2007 11:22
  • LIONPOWER
Lose your food, lose your weight
Feb 26, 2007 15:11
  • ROGERINCA
Hello Peacock !!

Hmmmm, for nearly two years now, I have been trying to understand your gender, now I finally know !!! LOL

Here is a quick guide to assist you in your endeavor; please know, I am always working at this aspect too. Every time I visit China, I always gain at least 8 to 10 pounds !!! Then I spend at least a month, when home, trying to lose it.

A reduction in calorie intake and an increase in exercise, will reduce weight.

Monitor what you eat on a daily basis. Vary your diet to ensure you are getting a wide range of essential nutrients and vitamins/minerals. You might even consider a quality vitamin/mineral supplement while entering a period of dieting. Try to understand the calorie component of each food you eat. Try to fill/satisfy yourself with more lower calorie and healthy vegetables. Remember, some fruits have a high caloric value, so eat them in moderation too. Try to stay away from 'junk' food snacks, as well as McDonalds, and KFC etc., which have so many calories, mostly from fat, which are the worst type. Some vegetables are very high in both iron and calcium. These are essential minerals for a woman’s body. Bananas and oranges are a good source of potassium, which is essential to body function.

Drink enough water or tea throughout the day to keep hydrated.

Exercise moderately. Brisk walking is a very low impact form of exercise, but has great results. Try to walk each day for at least 30 mins. If only every other day, that is ok too.

Monitor your weight and with each pound lost, more incentive will be gained !! But don’t overdo it !!!!

In this regard, and most important !!! Unless your weight is such an issue that it is causing you health concerns, I would not worry about it !!!! Please do not be influenced by magazine photos of other woman (who are models) and by other mass media advertising; these images are not reality !! I think it is always better to carry a little more weight/mass. If you get the flu or other temporary illness, you can recover more easily.

I personally prefer, and so do many of my male friends, a woman who is [not] so thin and skinny !! As I have told my Lao Po, I will love her forever, no matter what her weight. I always compliment her looks. I never put pressure on her regarding her weight. However, in this regard, she is very sensible. She eats a lot of Bok Choy, no noodles, and mostly steamed fish/skinless chicken, and some steamed rice, for her protein source. She stays away from fatty fried foods. She loves to eat apples/oranges/bananas, as a between meal snack. She also walks daily, 20 to 30 minutes.

I spent a little more time on this post, because I think this is a very important issue for women.

Be well !!! :)
Feb 26, 2007 20:41
  • HEIDI
Thank you Roger.
It's very kind of you to offer us so much knowdge.
Feb 26, 2007 23:25
  • LIONPOWER
Ladies first
If you prefer this, all members may turn to lady with a false pic and data.
In future we can’t get men’s here.
Feb 27, 2007 01:15
  • CONNY129
Oh,yes,every woman cares her weight more than anything else ^_^

Roger,your wife is so very beautiful, gorgeous and slim, it is not necessary at all for her to worry about her weight.
Feb 27, 2007 19:35
  • PEA28COCK
Thanks rogerinca for giving me and other friends here in this forum such useful and professional tips on losing weight. :) I will try my best to follow your tips and hope someday I can be very slim.

By the way, your wife must be very happy caus you love her so much more!!! :))))))
Feb 27, 2007 19:58
  • JIMMYB
I can't understand! Why girls want to lose weight!???? I don't like girls to be too slim. Suggust girls ask their boyfriend/husband's advice before lose weight. Haha~~~
Feb 27, 2007 22:09
  • CONNY129
Hi,Jimmyb;
If you were a girl,you will understand it undoubtablely :P
Feb 28, 2007 02:12
  • LIONPOWER
Slim but not like a Razor Blade.
Mar 1, 2007 01:50
  • APAULT
I have heard so many of my female uni students say they want to lose weight. Most are already slim. When I ask the boys privately they agree the girls are fine and don't need to lose weight. So what is it? I guess first it is a bad western influence, where so many people are overweight yet dream of being slim. Secondly, I would suggest that it is natural to put on weigh as you move from teen into twenties. Boys do too. Our bones may stop growing but we fill out in a perfectly normal way. So girls, please don't risk making yourself ill by trying to be too slim!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you want to lose weight?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code