Menu
Chinese young generation
Mar 1, 2007 03:40
  • HEIDI
In China, young generation usually has great pressure to study well, hunt job and earn money to buy house even private car. This pressure can be obviously seen from a young boy.

As a boy in China, he needs to earn a lot of money to buy a house for the marriage. However, the house price is so high nowadays that few could afford. If his parent is rich, he may not worry about that, because parent will buy for him. Suppose his family is poor, how can he get the house just after graduation? May need 30 years of hard work :(

So in the old days, people want a boy and nowadays are afraid their baby to be a boy. Because, they need to earn a lot of money for their son for his marriage.

Is the youth in other countries facing the same situation? Is it hard for them to hunt a job after graduation? And will the young man need to buy new house for his fiancee before marriage?
Mar 1, 2007 11:57
  • LIONPOWER
Chinese boy’s are lucky.
Now a day many Chinese girls are hard working with boys and sharing to maintain their family affairs. More that 50% girls are occupied the top most foreign related business.
So why you are thinking for boys. Think yourself and helps the boys. Right?

In our country no girls are working. They only maintain the indoor family affairs. Less than 1% working in official job. Now a day few low level women labor working in Garments industry.
So we are in problem not the Chinese boys.

There is no hard & fast rule to buy a house before marriage; rather you may marry as soon as you fall in love with some one and if the Chinese Govt. rules permit you to marry. And it will strengthen your love and a bright future.

Don’t forget your parents and relative after marry. Helps them as you can.

I prefer get marriage after graduation. It’s a golden time of life. Don’t be late, don’t be miss.
Mar 1, 2007 22:17
  • HEIDI
Hi Sharif,
I say boys in China are under great pressure because according to Chinese traditon, usually a boy should afford the house before marriage not girls. At present more and more gilrs want the boy to marry has house even car. Or they will consider more before marriage.

So boys usually need to work hard to learn money for their marriage. Athough Chinese girls are hard working with boys and sharing to maintain their family affairs as you say, house should be bought by boys.

Mar 2, 2007 08:03
  • APAULT
Heidi. You asked how it compares with other countries. In many ways it is similar. Everywhere young people complain about the price of housing. Of course we are wealthier so it is still easier here. There will continue to be a housing crisis in China for amny years because more people wil want to have places on thei own, not 3 generations as now and the past. Also more people will want bigger apartments. This issue is here to stay.

Yes girls want boys with homes and cars, they do here, but at the moment in China, most won't find such boys!
Mar 2, 2007 11:33
  • LIONPOWER
Wanting car, rear, less that 0.5%, cause who needs car, have car before.
If house essential for marry, buy it in your home town or home village. Its cheaper.
My opinion, no need to buy a house for marry. Rent a house.
After Graduation, Marry, be hurry.
Mar 4, 2007 19:50
  • ELLEN77
Rent a house is the last choice if we can't afford one.
But I know that many Chinese enterprises, mainly the state and big ones, would list the house problem of their employees into their welfare plan. Some build apartments for their private use but not of their own real estate. And some share accumulation funds for their houses. And the latter one maybe applied to all the enterprises in the cities. Maybe the companies can do more about it if they want to have a solidary team.
Mar 4, 2007 21:10
  • GURTY
Hi, Heidi,
I don’t find the house a necessity for marriage. For most boys 24-30 years old, they can't afford a house in a big city.
Yes, it is an old tradition that boys should buy the house. But Remember: It is an old tradition. Not all traditional matters are always reasonable. If she love the man, not the house, she should not hesitate to marry him because of housing problems. To rent a house is not too bad choice. He and she should work together, striving for a bright future: a house, a car, etc.
If they couldn't have a house or car, still can't we define it a misery. As long as they live in love and solicitude, a happy life they have.
Mar 4, 2007 23:24
  • LIONPOWER
She love’s the man, not the house,
Excellent!!!!
Congratulation - GURTY

So
Marry ? Be hurry.
Mar 6, 2007 02:55
  • HEIDI
Gurty, you are a girl who cares love much.
Hope more girls could think like what you said.

Hi Sharif,
In China, marry after graduation soon is not practical to some extent. Especially for girls.
Mar 6, 2007 12:40
  • LIONPOWER
Me, against live together before marry.
Many young girls working in my business friend’s office or factory.
One tradition growing fast ---
After weekend, they telling frankly, Raising their head & chest, last week end enjoyed with their boy friends and many more --- .

Many pairs visited my country as business trip and enjoyed their self.

Have no comments on it only fearous about the future of the girls. As a girl you know it very well.

So my slogan, Marry is hurry. (Off course after Govt. permitted age)
It will protect girls and their future.

Don’t try to catch Grapes. Don’t tell Grapes are sour.
Mar 6, 2007 19:02
  • HEIDI
Ha, Sharif
Thank you for your consideration for girls. What you said is really true. I have noticed the same situation as you have mentioned. And the trend maybe more obvious in the not long future. It's really a pity to see so.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese young generation
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code