Menu
Do you agree the cab to installed with pick-up head?
Mar 6, 2007 03:41
  • HEIDI
Does anyone hear the news that in Xian cabs will be installed with pick-up head? After the cab being installed with it, once someone robs of the driver, the pick-up head would record everything. To some extend, it is really a good method for policemen find the robber after seeing the video. However, passengers may feel uneasy when sitting in such a cab.

How will you feel after sitting in the cab being shot by the pick-up head? Do you agree that cabs are installed with pick-up head? What's your opinion on this?
Mar 6, 2007 06:25
  • JABAROOTOO
Just curious ???
What is a 'pick-up head'

Sounds like something has been lost in translation.

Is it a videocam???????
Mar 6, 2007 18:45
  • HEIDI
'Videocam' is just the word I want to express.

Thank you for your correction, jabarootoo.
Mar 6, 2007 18:58
  • ELLEN77
I think it's good. Although it may impinge our privacy, the safety weighs the most anyway. But I wonder if it can really prevent the crimes of cab drivers themselves. :)
Mar 6, 2007 21:52
  • HEIDI
Hi Ellen, it may not prevent crimes, but the video can record what happened on the spot. Thus policemen can solve the case more easily to some extent.

This is the aim to use the videocam, isn't it?
Mar 6, 2007 22:11
  • HEIDI
In other cities of China such as Shenyang and Chendu, there have been videocam installed in the cab and the effect is obvious.

In 2005, Chengdu began to installed videocam in the cab and on Nov. 2006, Shenyang began to follow the example. In Shenyang, 10,000 cabs have been installed the equipment including videocam, siren and a display screen worth 4,500 Yuan.

It is said that, the siren is just under the diver's foot and the display screen is on the back window of the cab. Once the driver is hit by the rob, he can step on the siren and at the same time the caption as ‘I'm robbed now,help me please' will appear on the display screen.

It seems interesting to me and I also marvel at the wisdom of the Chinese people.

Have you ever heard this?
Mar 6, 2007 22:43
  • MARCOPOLO
I may feel quite uneasy.
Mar 7, 2007 00:01
  • ELLEN77
Hello, Heidy, but I'm wondering if the videocam works if the drivers rob the passengers. Is it operated by the police?
Mar 7, 2007 00:21
  • HEIDI
Ha, Ellen, you have aroused a real problem. To install the videocam mainly aims to frighten the crime and protect the safety of taxi driver.

Because the videocam is operated by the driver, if the driver rob the passenger the videocam may not work. I have no idea about the problem you mentioned, I only suggest passengers sitting at the back seat which is comparatively safer than sitting in the front seat.

Thank you Ellen ^-^
Mar 7, 2007 00:42
  • ELLEN77
In that case, the videocam may not work much I think.
Mar 7, 2007 19:00
  • MAY001
What ellen talked made me think about a movie I watched years before. It tells a story of a cop who tried to find out a murderer. The murderer killed many people and he is a cab driver...
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you agree the cab to installed with pick-up head?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code