Menu
Best way to go Suzhou and Tongli from Shanghai??
Mar 6, 2007 08:42
  • AHLONG
Hi I would like to find out the mode of transport to Suzhou and Tongli from Shanghai. It it better to take the train to Suzhou then take a cab to Tongli or shall i take a bus directly to Tongli.

Plse kindly advise. Tks
Mar 6, 2007 11:41
  • ELLYSE
Are you going to both and then returning to Shanghai, or what?
Mar 6, 2007 17:40
  • STOCKTOV
Hi, the easiest to Suzhou is by train. There are several that go to Suzhou from Shanghai everyday and the train is the cheapest and fastest (about 24RMB). From Suzhou to Tongli it will be easiest to take a bus. They will have several. The bus station is across the street (sort of...it's a few hundred meters down the road) from the train station in Suzhou. You can also ask at your hotel/hostel about where to find a bus. It won't be expensive. Less than 20RMB
Mar 6, 2007 18:46
  • TRAVELDREAM
Stocktov is really an tourist expert!

There are many many trains from Shanghai to Suzhou. Very convenient that you need not wait long. The bus to Tongli is not far from Suzhou train station. The first bus starts off at 8 o'clock in the morning.
Mar 6, 2007 21:35
  • ADAMMER
from shanghai to Tongli, you can go to Shanghai Stadium and than take bus to get to.
from shanghai to suzhou,you can take train or bus. although the train is faster than the bus, it's more convenient to take a bus.
Mar 7, 2007 05:12
the bullet-shape-head train T702( 7:55---8:42 starts from Shanghai Railway Station at 7:55 arrives in Suzhou at 8:42 ) T706( 8:37---9:15 ) T710( 9:00---9:50 )
then walk out of the Suzhou Station, step over the bridge and turn right,there is a tour bus station to Tongli. The time table is from...8:55, 9:15, 9:35, 9:55, 10:15 the ticket is about 8rmb and the tour package ticket is 88 rmb, Good Luck!
Welcome to my blog http://frankinshanghai.bokee.com
Mar 7, 2007 10:47
  • AHLONG
Tks Guys for yr kind responses. Appreciate that.

I plan to go both Suzhou and Tongli on the same day from Shanghai. My idea is to take a train to Suzhou and tour around till afternoon where i will head to Tongli either by bus or taxi. Then i will make a trip back to Shanghai in the late evening.

My concern is whether i can get a return ticket to Suzhou and back to Shanghai on a sat which seem pretty crowded. I plan to reach the train sation say 8 am will it be crowded.

Another concern is whether is it expensive to travel by cab from Suzhou to Tongli? How much it cost? If i take a bus how long will the journey take.

Lastly......should i squeeze both trip together or shall i just skip 1......
Mar 7, 2007 23:11
you'd better go to Tongli as soon as you arrive in Suzhou,it'll take 50 minutes by bus, then visit Tongli before 3pm and go back Suzhou,which place you wanna visit in Suzhou? It seems that you have to finish your tour in 3 hours and take the train back to Shanghai.What a full day tour!
Oct 10, 2008 08:02
GUEST93475 Hi,
Wondering if it is really possible to do Suzhou and TOngli in the same day, if it's not a weekend. Or should we just choose one or the other.
Thanks.
Oct 25, 2008 20:58
  • ELLYSE
Technically possible, but totally not recommendable.
Choose one over the other.
Aug 22, 2010 02:26
GUEST27102
hii

will be in sangaho next week,stayin in Crowne Plaza Pudong could yu please advise any wedding market dress close by ?

Thx alot
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Best way to go Suzhou and Tongli from Shanghai??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code