Menu
Are Contact lens bad for our eyes?
Mar 9, 2007 00:33
  • ELLEN77
Hi guys, is there anyone who wears contact lens? DO you think it is bad for our eyes? Is it convenient or not? And which kind do you think is better?
Mar 9, 2007 01:25
  • HEIDI
Hi Ellen, wear contact lenses may be better to some extent compared to wear glasses.

One's eyes will not be distorted by wearing contact lens. However, if one wear glasses for a long time, the part between your eyes may be sunken.

I wear contact lens everyday, but there is a problem. I often lost my cantact lens beacause of my carelessness when I wear it. One of the two drops on the floor and I can't find it. Terrible!
Mar 9, 2007 01:46
  • ELLEN77
Thanks for your opinion, Heidi. What you said the good aspect of contact lens is aslo why I would like to wear it. But just thinking that a piece of glass would be tied in my eyes, sounds terrible! Would it damage our eyes?
Mar 9, 2007 02:41
  • APAULT
My family want me to buy contact lenses for them in China as they are so much cheaper. But some people say that the shape of the eyes in Chinese and Euopeans is different. Is this true? Is there any other reason we should not buy them in China?
Mar 9, 2007 03:08
  • MENG
Hi Ellen,

I have already worn the contact lens for more than four years. My eyes are ok now. However, lots of reports said that it will wound your retina. Actually, I also read some real news that someone's eyes were hurted by his contact lend. Partly I think that is an effect of his careless protection of their eyes when they wear the contact lend.
In a word, you should look for a professional oculist to make sure whehter your eyes can wear the contact lens.
Sep 26, 2007 16:46
GUEST17615 Hey guys,
Well, I'm just giving out a warning,
ofcourse contacts are not good for your eyes,
they make the eye sight worse faster,
and touching your eyes and putting things in it are obviously not good,
even if the lenses are made specifically for you.
for instance,
medecine will help you get better but it is not good for your body after you keep on taking it.
i wore contacts since i was 10, and many bad things have come of it.
my eyes turn red and it hurts to even open it,
and sometimes the contacts rip and hide away somewhere in your eye,
and i end of finding it under my eye with my eye all red...
it is discusting.
and i have heard of my friends saying there lens fell all the way down below there eye
having to pinch it out of there skin, (under skin)
sort of push it up with your fingers and make it back up to your eyes...
i also have had many infections in my eyelids...
it gets sort of red and painful.
then it disappears.
im not too sure if this will disappear next time or get worse,
so i try to wear my glasses more often even though they are annoying !
well take good care of your eyes because we dont grow new ones ! :P
Sep 28, 2007 06:28
  • DODGER
I have worn contact leneses for over 12 year now and apart from the first few chalanges have found them to be OK. You do need to be more carefull to wash you hands before you take them out etc.
I have worn them on long plane trips without a problem. Perhaps the best thing that I have ever done.
Dodger.
Dec 3, 2007 08:15
GUESTTONY Hi, I wear contact lenses that are from the United States. I have had no serious problems with wearing contacts. About losing the contact in your eye, I do not see how that is possible. Some people are more sensitive than others with putting stuff into their eyes, so that might be a problem for you. Others have no problems. I'm in the middle and have agitation for a few minutes after putting them in. If your eyes start to become agitated than take out the contacts and let your eyes rest. Personally, I wear my contacts for between 2 weeks and one month at a time (sleeping in them) as that is what they are made for (newer material than older contacts that allows more oxygen in) and they are great.

HOWEVER, I have a little experience wearing contacts in Shanghai and I did have problems. These problems I believe stem from the fact that the air is much much DIRTIER. There is constantly dust in the air which gets into your eyes. This is not good for the contact lenses. While I wear my contacts straight for 2 weeks to a month in America, in China I often had to take them out every couple days and clean them because my eyes would start to hurt and get red and I'd have to put solution in my eyes. I think I might have this problem without contacts though. Maybe glasses in China would be better for me as they act to a small extent as goggles.
Dec 3, 2007 08:20
GUESTTONY Another point is that if you don't have problems wearing contact lenses, you actually see much better in them. I often get headaches now when I go back to glasses and really just don't like them.
Dec 3, 2007 19:34
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I wear toric contacts and I am fine with them. ^_^
Dec 18, 2007 22:01
GUEST23052 I started wearing contact lens about 1 year ago. at first I wasn't washing my hands properly and got some eye infections, but that was due to were I worked also that my hands got very dirty. recently I change job and my hands are always clean and have not had any trouble wearing them. I can have them in for up to 16 hours no problems.

They say that if you have them in and your eye starts to get tired, dry, sore its best to take them out. I also find that I get much better vision with them in compared to glasses. Now I find that I cant go a day with out them :p
Page 1 of 13    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are Contact lens bad for our eyes?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code