Menu
Are Contact lens bad for our eyes?
Dec 20, 2007 17:18
GUEST11456 HI!
It is really bad that you lost your contact lens.

What age could you start wearing contact lens,even if you have glasses and are wearing them all day and all night+ wear them a lot?

Would it really be bad if you already have glasses, want to start using contact lens, and don't glasses off all day?

Well,
hope you find your contact lens!

Have a nice ( or great) day!
Mar 11, 2008 19:16
GUEST17040 im a get contact lenses so i was asking people what they tought of them and u were d only 1 who tought they were wrong
Mar 11, 2008 21:05
  • RITA
I think it's bad, though i never wear contact lens. How could it not be bad when you put something in such a sensitive area in your body where it does not belong to?
Mar 13, 2008 02:06
  • DODGER
Make sure you have them fitted by a expert then you will have no problem. Just make sure you wash your hands when putting them in and taking them out.
Dodger.
Mar 21, 2008 12:15
GUEST25148 I've been wearing contacts for about 4 years now and I have to say I really enjoy them compared to glasses. The only problem about wearing them is I once went to play laser tag with my cousins and because of the fog machine they used my eyes got to moist and I ended up losing a contact. I've had my contacts rip on me and it's very painful, I've had them come out of place because I rubbed my eyes and it went behind my eye and ended up coming back. I haven't had any infections but my eyes are usually red or close to bloodshot because you aren't normally suppose to have things on your eyes. I enjoy contacts but you have to be very careful what you touch because sometimes I'd eat something and forget I had them on and rub my eye.
Apr 1, 2008 23:11
  • CLAUDIUS
Contact lens are great, to me, for vanity purpose. This is to say that thick glasses make my eyes look like peas. A lot of friends say that I look very different with or without glasses (my glass ARE thick) and thats the only reason why I wear them nowadays, except when I go for a swim (I will bump into somebody if I haven't got contacts on, its that bad)

All said, I don't really like the feeling of contacts on my eyes. The feeling of dryness is always there, sunlight becomes a lot more glaring and my eyes tire easily, thats why I couldn't wear it for more than 8 hours though I regularly stayed in office for more than 16 hours when I was in Shanghai. In the end, dropped the whole idea and switched back to glasses. I have worn contact lens for more than 10 years before switching back to glasses, and yes, I'm not so worried about vanity anymore.
Apr 2, 2008 21:46
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I like wearing contacts than wearing glasses. I used to wear glasses since I was in high school and they would keep sliding off my face, especially during summer. During rainy season, well, you probably know that, too. My first glasses used to be thick, too and imagine having them in real glasses, not plastic! There are many kinds of contact lenses now. There are breathable lenses and some that keep the moisture in. Right now, I am wearing those kinds and having worn other contacts, I have to say that my eyes don’t get dry and tired as they were before.
May 23, 2008 10:06
GUEST11052 If anyone could help me out on taking the decision of wearing contact lenses.I think its a good thing and support for all those persons who wear glasses,but instead of this i want to know that does it have any side effect or its a useful thing
Jul 28, 2008 18:38
GUEST27106 go to aprofesional to have them fitted in your eye and if u allways keep ur hand clean when handling them it be all fine
Aug 9, 2008 21:05
GUEST15153 I went to about 3 occulist when i was getting my eyes checked!
All three said that below 16 years old is not the best idea because your retina is not fully grown and can cause serious problems if anything hapPENS!
but my cousin who has been wearing them ever since he was 8 has no problem with them, apart from the last few days were his eyes got really swollen.... he sais its because of the lens that are bad.. bbut i wouldnt think it was that!
I want contacts too though!!!
Page 2 of 13    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are Contact lens bad for our eyes?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code