Menu
new boy need your help
Mar 10, 2007 06:03
  • PETERSEAFORD
first trip to China - booking tour with Wendy Wu Tours - 28 days in China.
have ambition to do Tai Chi in the parks with the people - i do Sun style - what do the people do ???
sharing with a female neighbour -wife will not go - we are twin share and wonder about the hotels and the rooms on the river cruize. are conditions very close or are they like motels in Australia where two can share a room and not be in physical contact.
what are the usualtoilet facilities - like here in Australia.
with food is european food available.
know i sound a woos but worth nowing for me - may need to invest in protection if in very close contact for all those wonderful nights in China. - just dreaming

appreciate your advise peter
Mar 10, 2007 07:33
  • SOLOTO007
hi peter, welcome to China! Which city are you going to visit, Beijing or elsewhere? you can share an apartment or flat with rooms but not a single room as you named.
Mar 10, 2007 09:50
  • JABAROOTOO
If you are doing a Wendy Wu tour I'm sure you will be very well taken care of. You may have to use the occasional public toilet which may not have a regular loo but should be relatively clean and not too much of a discomfort.

If you are traveling twin share then your rooms will be the, similar to motels at home, the ship may be a little close quarters if you are in a standard room but there will be plenty of time spent in other parts of the ship for you to give each other some privacy.

I wife is very trusting!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your tour.
Mar 10, 2007 09:53
  • JABAROOTOO
On the food side, you can travel throughout China these days without eating any Chinese food and you won't go hungry, but what is the point of coming all this way if you don't. I think that you will discover there is nothingto be concerned about. Where you will be travelling, millions have been before to pave the way or a fairly clinical view of China.
Mar 10, 2007 13:29
  • PETERSEAFORD
G'day beaut to hear from you. we plan to visit Beijing - 4 days - Xian - 2 days - Guilin -1 day-Kunming-2days-Dali-2days-Lijiang -3 days-Zhongdian-3 days-Kunming-2 days-Chongqing-3days visit Dazu 1 day - Chongqing then sail on ms.Sunshine toYichang/Shanghai -4days
sounds great from here - what do you think.
thanks for your help
regards peter
Mar 10, 2007 13:45
  • PETERSEAFORD
G'day and thanks for the info. Trusting ?? what do you mean - i am 68 and extreemly hansom - but Faye is the same age - ugly as sin and i think a nun.

you probably gathered that was a little exageration but seriously we both would love to visit China - Faye's husband died years ago. She has been a friend of the family for over 40 years and my wife has no interest at all in China.
if we book -twin share we save $1000 each which is worth it.
can you answer the bit about tichi. i teach taichi for arthritus to a self help group in frankston.
have a great day
regards peter
Mar 10, 2007 13:54
  • PETERSEAFORD
Thanks very much for your thoughts - here in Australia i love to eat Chineese food and will certainly be trying it and learning a littleabout how to cook it their way.
here we read that everything that moves is eaten but then again not many people publish the good stories do they ??

understand about water -ice cubes and salad - what about fruits - pictures i have seen show markets full of colourfull products that i thought was fruit.

are you aware of the styleof tai chi that the people practice in the parks of China

have a beaut day

regards peter
Mar 10, 2007 20:50
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
Regards food, especially that last comment: In seven years of not worrying too much, ice cubes and salad have never caused me any problems. Fruit of course you should wash thoroughly or peel. Again, seven years of not worrying, and fruit never caused a problem. And judging by that itinerary, you'll have a pretty easy ride, nothing to worry about.
Mar 11, 2007 06:55
  • PETERSEAFORD
thanks Chris -glad it will be an easy ride -will i see much-my first time and would like to get a true picture - would you suggest a change - would appreciate your opinion

regards peter
Mar 11, 2007 07:06
  • JABAROOTOO
You've actually got a pretty good itinerary. Just be sure to sneak off every now and then down the little alley ways when you get some free time. I hear that these tours are pretty well packed and you are kept moving at a solid pace, food is always good, ice cubes and salads and fruit is safe. I don;t have any problems. You didn't need to defend yourself! I was just curious, that your wife was comfortable with your plans. It is the best way to save money but everyonw will assume you are hitched.

Let's know when you are in CQ and I'll shout you a beer or coffee if you have any free time.

Don't know anything about Tai chi but if you see anyone (early in the mornings in the public squares is best time to catch them) you can just join them - they will love it, especially if you'd not too bad at it.

Cheers
J
Mar 11, 2007 20:37
  • CONNY129
Hi,Peter;
Your itinerary coverd the most part of great China,it's pretty good!
Don't worry about food,now that you booked a tour,you will be carefully cared,western food is surely available but I still suggest you to try some Chinese food,it is part of China :P
About Tai chi, I know nothing about it,but once when I was on Yangtze cruise ship,there was tutor teaching tai chi on ship to guests for free.
Have a nice trip!
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: new boy need your help
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code