Menu
Been thinking of goin to Siping City
May 21, 2009 19:35
GUEST85172 Hello! I'm so glad that I found this blog. I have extensively read about the academy and want to attend next summer for a whole year. But I was hoping to get some good referrals from people.
Question for women who have attended:
Do you get the same training as everyone else? Are the classes’ co-ed? I don't want to be treated differently because I'm woman. :)
Can you choose attending different classes at different times? Or is it one set schedule?

Can someone who has attended the school for a year please email me so that I can ask a few questions?
my email is: aol.com|jenmsimp

Thank you
May 25, 2009 08:15
GUEST10786 Hello there.

I am going to the academy for one year in july 2009. If anybody wants a detailed first had account oh the academy then visit

http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Lukey/

This guy trainned there and documented everything he did from travelling to his first day and so on. He has added a lot of pictures from the academy.
Hope this helps
Hotmail.Com|Deepak_Bhamra
May 31, 2009 18:26
GUEST62149 Just thinking about traveling there brings tears to my eyes. I haven't yet afforded it though I would LOVE to train with the warrior munks and sifus. I am very happy to read that all is actually as it is.
Mar 1, 2010 00:32
GUESTJCT9989 Hi.. im thinking about joining the acadamy... if you pay the full tuition when you first get there does that include the toilet paper and water and everything? and what about uniforms ho much do they cost? and what is the average amount of money spent every month.. i am thinking about going for a year.. its just the matter of money for me.. email me if you have any anwsers for me ...aol.com|jct9989
Jun 14, 2010 21:48
GUEST21428 Can this be an option for school for kids? Like go through high school at this academy?
Jul 1, 2010 04:41
GUEST15236 Please find following a letter I wrote to someone who wanted to send his kid here:

Hello,

We met yesterday in the Northern Shaolin Martial Arts School. Today I have told you what I think of the Academy because I have been very disappointed. They don't want you to know but for me it's important that you ear from the two side. The training and the facilities are very good and I have no problem with that. I have for myself learn lot. The problem come from the management of this school. When I arrive here one year ago not one of the rules where respected. I have seen students smoking marijuana and drinking in their room. I have seen a young lady from Korea, she was 16 years old, the foreigner has make her drink and smoke as well and she has sexual relation with one of the master. Now, since one month I fight with the administration to try to help this school to be better but there is nothing to do they are to stubborn. They only thing they really care about is money. For that reason they keep here really bad students, just one week ago, one student was drunk and he threatened an other one to kill him with a knife. I have asked the school to expel him and they didn't do it.... I wanted to tell you that because I will have been please as a father that someone warn me so I can find a better place for my son where they can teach him good value of Martial Art.

Here another letter....

When I arrived here one year ago, not one of the rules were respected, the students were smoking drugs and drinking in their room, nobody was training properly and no one ever get punished for their bad behaviour. I was expecting to find in this school a monastery with warriors monks but this place is managed by people who are not shifu and who are corrupted by money. This place has no valour, no discipline, no respect, no communication or brother ships. I have been very sad to see that foreigners were disrespectful toward their shifu and to the other students. But more over that shifus let them act like that. It has been very hard for me to keep my discipline and still awake at 5h30 every morning, alone and at the beginning, without any shifu.

I have made the mistake to pay the school up front before coming to China and they didn't want to give me my money back. If I wanted to leave, the school would have keep 60% of my money. I pay for my own studies and I couldn't afford to waste so much money to go somewhere else. So I decided to stay and try to take the best of this place and I have manage to learn a lot.

Don't trust the website of the Siping Academy it is just a big lie. Don't give to them your money they are other schools much better. If you want you can contact me just send email to: gmail.com|austrane

Jul 5, 2010 00:15
GUESTLIZ Hi

I read the school's whole website and it sound rigorous and hard work (of course since its a Chinese martial arts academy) but definitively very a enlightening experience. I'm seriously considering going for 6 months to a year after I finish my Bachelors in about a year. But I have one question, what language do they speak exactly? I guess I would have enough time to learn if its other than English or Spanish.

i can be contacted at gmail.com|psyche416

Jul 6, 2010 09:04
GUEST32142 The letters above seem quite accurate,I trained for a year in 2007/8 and it is not at all what it says on the website.From what I've heard it has gone downhill since then. I should also point out that when I went to train at a fully Chinese place later,it charged less than a tenth of what siping did. Worst of all is that the owners of the Siping academy exploit the shifus(masters) and translators quite a lot. I would encourage people to look elsewhere.
Aug 1, 2010 22:26
GUESTSHAOLIN... Hi, I am currently at the academy and all I can say is that if you are expecting to train real shaolin martial arts look elsewhere.

Since 2007 the academy has gone downhill, the facilities have not been maintained for the last 5 years, the sifus are almost all around 24 years old and they mostly drink and smoke. There are NO monks whatsoever.

Expect more replies to this soon as some students at the academy are currently formulating a website to inform other students to help them avoid making the bad decision of joining this academy.
Aug 8, 2010 03:20
GUEST05195 Hello,
If you plan to come in Siping shaolin martial arts academy please visit this link first:

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/austrane/1/1281167469/tpod.html
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Been thinking of goin to Siping City
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code