Menu
Kissing games???
Mar 14, 2007 14:07
  • GRIZ326
A childhood memory returned to me in my dreams last night: playing spin the bottle at an 8th grade party. Spin the bottle is a kissing game for children. I believe children are about 12 years old in the 8th grade, but I am certain someone will correct me if my memory is incorrect.

The Wikipedia provides the following explanation of this game:

"Spin the bottle is a party game in which several players sit in a circle. The game starts by one player spinning a bottle. Whomever the bottle points to, the spinner must kiss. The person being kissed becomes the next spinner. Traditionally, the spinner may spin again if the bottle points to a player of the same gender, though this is not always the case. Spin the bottle is not a game in the traditional sense of having winners and losers. It is primarily used as a reason for young people to engage in the activity of kissing."

Children's parties were closely chaparoned when I was a child (I am 55 now), but the chaparones seemed to find a little something to do in the kitchen when it was time to play "spin the bottle." But because the chaparones had played the game themselves as children...they knew exactly when to reappear to keep a proper sense of propriety.

I theorize that because boys and girls are segregated and rarely play together; the parents devised ways to introduce boy-girl play. ...of course, that's only my guess...

This leads me to my question:

Do the Chinese have kissing games at children's parties?
Mar 14, 2007 19:51
  • SERENA07
As far as I know, there is no such kind of games at children's party in China.
Mar 14, 2007 19:52
  • MAY001
No, never! We even don't have parties. We are always studying!! LOL
Mar 14, 2007 19:57
  • MAY001
Actually, Chinese parents seldom encourage kids to social with others. Especially between girls and boys. Two reasons: one, they believe that having a or more boyfriend/girlfriend will definitely ruin your study and exam. second, you are too young to understand love and relationship between boy and girl. you only can find your bf or gf after graduation.

^o^
Mar 14, 2007 20:17
  • HITURA
hey... that should be a game for both young and old...
why shouldn't us the oldies enjoy a kiss now and then... hehe
Mar 14, 2007 21:33
  • CHYNAGYRL
Yes. even us oldies can still enjoy kissing games! (and times have changed. when i was young, my parents were too "old school Chinese" to allow that kind of game. it's more of a Western fashion.)
Mar 16, 2007 13:45
  • APAULT
Hitura and Chynagyrl refer to themselves as oldies! What hope for you and me Griz? (Too polite to include Jaberootoo!)

Mind if I visit you then Chynagyrl ???? :) :)
Mar 16, 2007 17:37
  • GRIZ326
APAULT!!!!

ROFLOL!!!!

The two of us are certainly decrepit...older than dirt!!!

hehehehe
Nov 17, 2011 06:52
GUESTANGELA i am just 22 years old . can they also play this game?
Nov 26, 2011 01:47
  • KEVIN0518
Do the Chinese have kissing games at children's parties?

I read this post too late. I don’t know whether today’s parent will let their kids to play kissing game. But we were not allowed to make any close contact to girls when we were young kids.

I played spin the bottle with my friends. But we didn’t kiss each other. The one who faced the bottle just drank.
Dec 10, 2011 01:47
  • BBQQ
Kevin, did you drink a lot every time?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Kissing games???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code