Menu
backpackers
Mar 20, 2007 23:03
  • EVENING
Hi my friends,

I read a story last night. The author says he met a western girl who were travelling around the world totally alone. She just stoped in China and would go on to other countries. Her dream is to visit all over the world! Of course she met countless dangers and difficulties while her lonely journey, but she finally conquered all.

I really admire the girl and am shocked by her boldness! I think travelling arond the world is just a dream for most folks, but for her, it comes true! She is really brave and independent! Don't you think so?
Mar 21, 2007 00:39
it's common for westerns. Visa is always a problem when a chinese travel alone.
Mar 21, 2007 01:28
  • TRAVELDREAM
China has also such backpackers. A Chinese girl used to travel across the whole Europe. All by herself and drive by herself. There are more such examples. Real travel lovers are ready to meet any difficulty.

I love Apault's words in his fomrmer post 'It's errors and the unexpected that I am looking for' .
Sometimes I choose to take an unprepared journey, and whatever I meet I just settle it, and in high spirit.
Mar 21, 2007 03:16
  • MAY001
yes, there are a lot of backpackers in China too. I know a man who backpack to Lhasa and earn money by singing in the street. Traveling is what he wants, so he just enjoy it.
Mar 21, 2007 04:33
  • JABAROOTOO
It's not as difficult as you may think. Anyone can do it. It begins with a desire to see the world, the rest is up to you and what you choose to do.

I agree that visa's for the solo Chinese are more difficult to come by but this will change, I'm sure as more people prefer more independant travel. This does not however stop you from seeing your own country first. It is huge and so very interesting and could possibly take a lifetime to explore in any depth.

But again it all depends on what you consider interesting.

Here is an example.
Chongqing is surrpunded by some very pretty little villages that still retain much of thier natural character. They have timber stilt house overhanging small streams and I have been interested in visiting one particular one for some time. A couple of friends have been and I have seen thier photos and it was also featured on CCTV 9's Around China programme last year.

I happened to mention to one of my Chinese colleagues that I was hoping to take a freind there at the end of the month but wasn't sure that we had the time. i would love to stay overnight and enjoy the small town atmosphere.

Her immediate response was to tell me that there was nothing interesting there so I asked her if she had ever been.

Her answer...'Yes just this past Sunday"' She went with her friends.

It saddened me that she felt this way. I love to explore these old towns. There are so many stories just waiting to be told about these places and the people who live in them.
Mar 21, 2007 04:57
  • EVENING
Hi Jabarootoo,
I have the same dream with you! I also want to explore some old towns to enjoy the mysterious and primite atmosphere!
I hope i can be brave enough to go on my journey one day!
cheers!
Mar 21, 2007 10:00
  • LIONPOWER
Now decide, when you will start?
Mar 21, 2007 21:08
  • EVENING
To Lion
I will start when I have enough confidence and courage! Maybe tomorrow, maybe a long long time later...... But I think I will from my deep heart!
LOL
Mar 21, 2007 22:32
  • CHYNAGYRL
Do it while you're still young! When you have such dreams it's better to do it before having your own family and other responsibilities.
Mar 22, 2007 01:44
  • LIONPOWER
Yes, CHYNAGYRL

Ride bi- cycle, go every where.

Tri-cycle, more problems.

Four wheeler and more; more & more problem.
Can’t go every where.
Mar 22, 2007 18:01
  • APAULT
Hey Evening. remember the olkd Chinese saying (badly translated, no doubt). A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.

In practical terms, first take short trips to nearby places, go with a friend, stay at a backpacker hostel (strongly recommended), visit another TCG member. Be brave, give it a go... you don't have to travel the world in your first trip.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: backpackers
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code