Menu
Cost of traveling in China ?
Mar 22, 2007 22:20
  • MELODYCHOW
Hi, my dear friends, how much money did you spend for your previous China travel? And what about the general cost??
Mar 23, 2007 01:43
  • LISATALK
if you come to Beijing, i can say the lowest price is:
- 5 star hotel 600 RMB (only one room)
- bus card 40 RMB. common bus 0.4-2 RMB depends on distance;
- subway 3.0 RMB per time
- taxi, generally 20-30 RMB short distance.
- food, 20-30 per person for lunch or dinner.

i am local pepole in Beijing. if you come here, maybe i can help you to live in local family for cheap accommondation.

MSN: hotmail.com|lisatalk
Mar 23, 2007 13:24
  • GRIZ326
Getting to China is the most expensive part of the adventure. My roundtrip flight last year was $2200 USD. Next most expensive were the in-country flights.

Once the ground, food was a bargain - most meals for 2 cost less than 100 RMB; Taxicabs averaged 50 RMB; and hotel rooms around 300 RMB/night. ...but I was not traveling backpacker style which saves a considerable amount of money.

My flight over this year is about the same cost, but I expect my other expenses to be significantly less because I am traveling backpacker style.
Mar 23, 2007 19:57
  • HITURA
I just came back from Beijing, my trip costed me about $4500 AU, the airfares was around $1300AU return.
Mar 24, 2007 12:57
  • APAULT
So what happened to my previous post???? No worries, I can repeat it.

Over two months travelling I averaged about 180 rmb a day, 60 rmb for hotel, 50 rmb for travel, 50 rmb food and beer. 20 rmb on miscellaneous and entrance fees. I rarely use a taxi. Occasionally I get free accommodation but that is offset by me buying meals for locals.

I value a long trip rather than a short one in better quality hotels. I find there are often people who just want to show me their town, just for the opportunity of practicing English, and I enjoy street food just as much as restaurant food. I drink my many beers ouside small general stores on a plastic chair - where I often meet and chat with the locals, and I use the cheapest buses. I never pay more than one entrance fee a day. I return the next day.

So overall, it is a low intensity style of intense travelling, I take my time :)

Airfares to China are low because they are part of a trip to vist family in the Uk
Mar 25, 2007 04:48
  • LIONPOWER
cheapest buses?
Problem-- Pick pocketer there.
Mar 25, 2007 14:09
  • APAULT
I have had no pickpocket experiences. On the contrary, when I have had money appearing over the top of my pocket or I drop some on the floor, people always tell me (but I cannot know if they didnt tell me !! haha).
Mar 26, 2007 04:29
  • JABAROOTOO
As you can see China is as expensive or as cheap as you want or need it to be. In many places cheap buses are all you can get and many periods throughout the year, cheap flights are available and worth comparing before spending money on a train or bus alternative unless time is not an issue.

I agree with Paul, I probably average around Y200 per day - although this is likely to be more if I am am traveling solo and taking domestic flights over a short period of time. But traveling with a partner or small group and over a longer period of time should bring your averages down.
Mar 28, 2007 14:01
  • MEGHOO
Hello

Please let me tell you what my trip to China is costing so far for April 2007, from South Africa. I will fly from SA to Hong Kong, and then to Canton fair. My flight and accomodation to Canton cost my husband and myself R60000.00 ( 7500.00 USD). This does not include any internal flights, taxis or train fares, meals, tour fares so far.
Mar 28, 2007 19:08
  • APAULT
A very differnt style of travelling. Enjoy !
Mar 29, 2007 02:20
  • LASER
I am thinking about traveling to Guangzhou, Guangdong

Very new at this, do not know the difference between Yuan and RMB

Once there, what does it cost,,, per,,,day, week or month,,,

Is it scenic,,,,

Would I rather stay in Kowloon like friends recommend,,,

what is the average wage or apartment in Guangdong..

Appreciate, greatly,,, any help

thanks
LASER
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Cost of traveling in China ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code