Menu
How do I get a China Visa in Macau?
Mar 27, 2007 00:13
  • SHAYDEE
Hi,

I live in Beijing but will be going to Macau this weekend. I need to arrange a visa to come back to China.

1. Where can I apply for a China visa?
2. Is the Visa office open on Saturday or Sunday?

3. Should I ask my hotel to arrange it for me?

Thanks for your help

Simon
Mar 27, 2007 16:04
  • APAULT
Go to a travel agent, CITS for example, or use your hotel, if it has a travel agent facility in it. They will arrange a visa for you. The visa is issued from Hong Kong, so you would have to go to HK if you visit the office yourself. There seems no problem getting a 3 month tourist visa, the agent says they will always issue that. The fee is quoted in $HK, so if you have Macau curency, it is slightly more (as a number). I don't have any experience applying for other visas there.

I think the visa office is closed all weekend, and the CITS offices close part of the weekend as well, so you will need to allow enough time. China normally offers differnt levels of speed, if you pay more you can get your visa quicker, but from Macau never less than overnight.
May 6, 2007 11:29
  • JABAROOTOO
Hey Simon,

Any follow up on your visa experience would be appreciated by other members. Look forward to hearing what happened. Did you make it to Macau for the weekend after all
May 21, 2008 02:15
GUESTHANNAH hello.. im plannin to go to macau with a tourist visa and i plan to get a wroking visa in macau for china?.. am i qualified to get working visa?
May 21, 2008 05:39
  • JABAROOTOO
If you are asking if you are qualified to get a working visa for China, then you most probably are NOT qualified to get one.

You need a letter of invitation from a Chinese Work Unit/Company/Foreign Company etc

Without a letter you have no job and therefore the Z visa is not available
May 21, 2008 23:23
GUESTSHY my cousin work in china she send me invitation so i could go to china. but i have to land in macau.. what other requirements shall i have to be able to enter in china.and can i get a visa there in macau so i could stay longer in china?what kind of visa then?
Oct 17, 2008 23:13
GUESTRED00 Hi,

Im from Philippines plan to travel Macau to get a visa, Is it easy to get china visa in Macau? I suppose to travel Hongkong for my visa, but I am confused which is the easiest way to get visa, and what is the requirements, I been in china for 8months, and due to expiration of my visa I fly back to Philippines.
Thank u
Oct 28, 2008 06:49
GUEST04166 if travelling to Macau (Philippines passport) for a visit, do I need a sponsor letter to confirm where I will stay whilst there
Oct 29, 2008 01:22
GUESTENTT China not very easy to apply.
Phil passport no need visa to enter macau.
Nov 18, 2008 06:51
GUEST80165 I will be getting permission from my employer in China to get a Z visa, but they said I need to leave China proper to change from my current tourist visa. Where do I go in Macau? Is there a PRC consulate there?
Nov 19, 2008 06:59
  • APAULT
Guest 80165. No, you will need to go to a travel agent such as CTS/CITS and pay them a relatively small fee.
Page 1 of 9    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How do I get a China Visa in Macau?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code