Menu
Old Father Suicide to Support His Daughter's Crazy Dream
Mar 29, 2007 21:29
  • MAY001
Quote:
"At first, her parents against her crazy action but finally have no other ways to release her."

NO OTHER WAY? C'MON! IN CHINA ARE WORKING A LOT OF GOOD PSYCHIATRIC CLINIC AND HOSPITALS!
Unquote

Because she threated her parents by suicide. And in China, most people don't want to see psychiatric cos they believe it is a shame to confess the mental illness. What's more, I think the main reason is that the parents love the daughter tooooo much that they don't want to confess the truth!!

Mar 30, 2007 00:42
  • JANFRISK
Well, we can either decide to cry, or not.
Then, we can decide to cry in public, ot not.
What will it be, dear MAY001?

p.s. Otherwice I think the story was great! :-)
Mar 30, 2007 14:07
  • SANYACHINA
"This is really a tragedy, The girl is absolutely abnormal."

I don't think it is a tragedy. A TRAGEDY IS THE DESTROYNG OF THE WONDERFUL IN ITS CONTRADICTION WITH THE REALITY. But here I can't see something wonderful...

"Her mother should advise her not to do that and the others. OR another tragedy may happen again.
Of course Andy Lau is not to blame for it. Maybe from the point of virtueness, Andy Lau should try to help the girl to deliver out of the trouble. But for the safety, a psychologist can be involved."

HM, SOME NEUROLEPTICS ARE IDEAL FOR HER!
Mar 30, 2007 14:09
  • SANYACHINA
" And in China, most people don't want to see psychiatric cos they believe it is a shame to confess the mental illness."

Dear May, do you think that SOMEWHERE people do not shame to confess the mental illness? :)
Mar 30, 2007 19:46
  • MAY001
No, Sanya, I don't mean that. In China, many Chinese don't think lunacy is an illness. They look down on the one who's mentally ill. And even discriminate them.
Mar 30, 2007 21:26
  • MAY001
Latest news from Andy Lau's friend/teacher, Peng Denghuai. Peng is a famous actor of Sichuan Opera in China and Andy Lau once want to learn 'Changing the Face' from him. Peng said that after the old father's death, Andy asked his colleague to send some money for their returning home. But they refused and asked for 500,000 rmb "compensation"!!

Peng also revealed that last September he attended Andy's birthday party and talked the girl's situation with Andy. Andy said after the girl become normal and came to work in the society, he will meet the girl. The keypoint is that the girl should work for herself and do not cumber with the parents. Peng even wanted to arrange the work for the girl, but got no reply.
Mar 30, 2007 21:33
  • MAY001
Local civil administration department said they will try their best to help the girl and the mother's life after they return Gansu. Some psychiatrist also said want to help the girl.
Mar 31, 2007 12:18
  • SANYACHINA
"No, Sanya, I don't mean that. In China, many Chinese don't think lunacy is an illness. They look down on the one who's mentally ill. And even discriminate them."

Do you think that abroad people do not look down on the one who's mentally ill? One of the most famous attakcs over there are to make people to believe that the opponent is crazy (mentally ill).
Discriminate them? Wow! Do you think that abroad they respect crazy people? OF COURSE EVERYWHERE IS THE SAME! Only one is not the same - the norms about what is crazy and what is not.
For example in some countries if someone is a gay - he is crazy, but in another societies the geys are "normal" or even "cool"...
Mar 31, 2007 12:25
  • SANYACHINA
"Latest news from Andy Lau's friend/teacher, Peng Denghuai. Peng is a famous actor of Sichuan Opera in China and Andy Lau once want to learn 'Changing the Face' from him. Peng said that after the old father's death, Andy asked his colleague to send some money for their returning home. But they refused and asked for 500,000 rmb "compensation"!!

Peng also revealed that last September he attended Andy's birthday party and talked the girl's situation with Andy. Andy said after the girl become normal and came to work in the society, he will meet the girl. The keypoint is that the girl should work for herself and do not cumber with the parents. Peng even wanted to arrange the work for the girl, but got no reply."

Why so many attention because of a girl??????????????? It can be a bad precedent and soon another girls/boys to start to use the same way for stars-attention.
Mar 31, 2007 12:28
  • SANYACHINA
"Local civil administration department said they will try their best to help the girl and the mother's life after they return Gansu. Some psychiatrist also said want to help the girl."
Yes, I told you - the neuroleptics are the key!
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Old Father Suicide to Support His Daughter's Crazy Dream
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code