Menu
Expat community in Qingdao
Nov 29, 2010 03:20
  • HERBEAT
GUESTME, congratulations! I don't know whether there's a English hospital in Qingdao neither but Shinan District is the best place to me. Try to get some information. And as Cherry said, always to play it safe - to bring a Chinese friend to go with you. The doctor won't normally speak English good as long as it's a Chinese one. Good luck:-)
Dec 8, 2010 00:12
  • HERBEAT
Hmm... I'm sorry but where's this from?
Dec 8, 2010 05:27
GUEST91216 Hey there! I'm an American moving to Qingdao soon. Just curious, any sense of how big the expat community in Qingdao is? Which hospitals are good places to go to?

Wife's pregnant and expecting in end Jan :)

Thanks in advance!

- Max
Dec 8, 2010 21:04
  • HERBEAT
Hi Max, congratulations to be a dad soon. I lived in Qingdao the year before last and I still think the most popular place for foreigners are the bars. But since the districts are very different. Maybe you'd better search it with a special district, for example if you live in Laoshan district then Shinan district group might not suit you well. And if you live in Huangdao, groups in Qingdao downtown would be so good. As for the hospitals, I still suggest you to state a location first...
Dec 22, 2010 00:02
GUEST31110 As an American living in Qingdao for 2 years +, downtown's Municipal Hospital on Donghai Lu will be your best bet. On the 4th floor, there is an international clinic for expats. http://www.qingdaoexpat.com/ is a great website for newcomers. Good Luck!
Dec 28, 2010 05:44
GUEST06152 Hi, we are a Malaysian family and moving to Huangdao in Feb 2011. We have a kid aged at 4 yrs old and appreciate your advice on any english kindergarten in Huangdao.
Dec 28, 2010 22:44
GUEST31110 Dear GUEST06152:

Sorry but I have never been to Huangdao before but I know that there is an international school there, YCIS. http://www.myredstar.com/en/community/education/place/huangdao/yew_chung_international_school_
ycis_huangdao
Dec 30, 2010 03:46
GUEST27171 HI there,
I am planning to come in sommer to attend an intensive chinese course. I already have a level, as I have been studying chinese 1 year in Shanghai University. Anyone could recommend me a good school or private teacher? Tips would bve highly appreciated. Best regards, BEA (Spain)
Apr 30, 2011 05:10
  • LONG_CHL
hi... seems like this has not been updated for years... Not sure if you guys are still in Qing Dao?

Anyway, i'm from Malaysia, i just arrived here for a month, too boring to stay alone in QD... wish to hang out with u guys for sports or any outdoors activities (which i have never done for long long time).
May 3, 2011 21:50
  • HERBEAT
I left Qingdao already. It's a really nice city to live with and I always want to come back. Actually I went back once in March and it was just so beautiful. And even just to walk along the beach can get the chance to meet guys, lol~~ I love outdoor activities a lot and hiking...
Page 6 of 9    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Expat community in Qingdao
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code