Menu
YIKES!!! $600USD for Visa from Hong Kong to China...and....
Apr 3, 2007 20:32
  • GRIZ326
YIKES!!! $600USD for Visa from Hong Kong to China...and....$200USD for the Hung Hom train to Guangzhou East station? This is from the Rough Guide to China published in 2005. (actually there was a price range of 200-600USD for the visa)

Does that sound correct? That's very distressing news if correct.

Doesn't my visa to China cover Hong Kong and entry into the mainland?

Oh my, oh my....a bump already!
Apr 3, 2007 20:49
  • COLAIDO
never be, i flight from honkong to dalian only cost 1400RMB,and bever heard any train cost 200USD.
i didnt get where Hung Hom
Apr 3, 2007 21:13
  • MAY001
$200USD for the Hung Hom train to Guangzhou East station??

I believe it's too expensive.
Apr 3, 2007 21:31
  • COLAIDO
haha that sonds a big joke~LOL
Apr 3, 2007 22:18
  • FAERIEQUEENE
The fares sound right in Hong Kong Dollars => 1USD=7.8HKD
Apr 3, 2007 22:29
  • STOCKTOV
Can't say for sure, but I've never heard of such an expense. I've had many friends go that route and I've never heard them complain about the price, so it can't be that steep.

However, your Visa to Mainland China will not cover a trip to Hong Kong, and vice versa. They require their own visas, but pushing those through isn't expensive and doesn't take a long time, or so I've heard.
Apr 3, 2007 23:06
  • BETWEENUS21
impossible - the standard fare from HK Hung Hom station to Guangzhou East station is HK$180 only one-way.
Travel agents in HK getting the china visa for one would costs between HK$100 to HK$150 depending on the agents and hotel locations and urgency.
Apr 3, 2007 23:10
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
Yeah, I think those prices must be HK$. You won't need a visa for Hong Kong, you'll get an automatic 30 day permit on arrival. Entirely separate from your visa for the mainland (which you will need, of course). Visas for the mainland issued in HK aren't cheap, and the price depends on your nationality (China follows the law of reciprocity- the more your country charges Chinese for visas, the more China charges you), but the prices certainly are not in US$ and I'd be very surprised if they'd been inflated that much. I'm sure that was a misprint and the prices are in HK$.
Apr 4, 2007 09:17
  • GRIZ326
I sure hope everyone is correct that the prices are in HK$. I was feeling as if I'd just shot myself in the foot with the flight to Hong Kong!
Apr 4, 2007 09:53
  • APAULT
The visa for China should not cost even HK$600, I paid just over $HK200 less than a year ago (and that is approx what I would pay in Australia) for a 3 month tourist visa. Each time you enter China (which excludes HK and Macau) you must have a visa, or an extra entry on a visa. There is no way the train from Hung Hom can cost what you stated. I think you will be able to get a ticket at Hung Hom at the right price when u get there.
Apr 4, 2007 11:10
  • JABAROOTOO
I went to HK in August where I paid HK600 for a Z visa. that was same day service. After 2.oopm returned to me at 6.30pm same day. Keep in mind that different visa cost different amounts and depends on which passport you are carrying. From the US the fee is often more expensive.

Train from HK to Shenzhen in the cheapest way into China for only HK$33
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: YIKES!!! $600USD for Visa from Hong Kong to China...and....
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code