Menu
YIKES!!! $600USD for Visa from Hong Kong to China...and....
May 17, 2007 11:13
  • JULY1744
Anyone knows the addresses in Hong Kong of China offices where you can go yourself to apply for visa into China. Thanks. MM
Apr 17, 2008 00:09
GUESTGUEST! Im going to HongKong in a few hours so Ill write a post when i get back with this info.
Apr 21, 2008 03:48
  • APAULT
7 floor of the China Resources Building
26 Harbour Road
Wanchai
3413 2424
0900 to noon, and 1430 to 1700 Mon to Fri Expect queues outside if you arrive early or at lunchtime

You can go to the Wan Chai metro station and head north (I always carry a compass). Stay on the raised walkway and cross an east west road....you come to a bui;ding, keep to the right and cross (juut before a convention centre), then turn left, again north. Drop to ground level as you must pass through security there. DO NOT take large luggage as they will not allow it in and there is nowhere to store it.

Alternatively you can take the ferry from the north side to Wanchai and it is just a block or so away.
Apr 25, 2008 02:56
GUEST30182 I went to HK in August where I paid HK600 for a Z visa. that was same day service. After 2.oopm returned to me at 6.30pm same day. Keep in mind that different visa cost different amounts and depends on which passport you are carrying. From the US the fee is often more expensive.

Thank you for this. But please can you tell me what documents do I need to bring with me to HK (must be up to date because I will be travelling very soon)
(The cheapest I can find in Beijing is from an agency and they want 7000cny!) My visa expires on May 29th 08 - so please help soon :( thank you
May 10, 2008 07:58
GUESTDAVEC The trip from Hung Hom to GuangZhou one way is HKD180.00 Did it just a couple of months ago.
May 11, 2008 11:51
  • JABAROOTOO
GUEST30182

It depend which visa you are applying for.

You will need your passport with longer than six months validity.
For a Z visa - A letter of invitation from your employer
For a F visa - did not appear to require anything extra but that was nearly two years ago.
For a L visa - you may now be required to supply hotel reservations, return tickets and an itinerary

Good idea to have all these ready just in case you are asked to supply them. Things seem to be stricter prior to the Olympics.
Jul 4, 2008 07:10
  • BLUEYANKEE44
Ok! Back it up a little. A Visa with American PassPort lets you stay in Hong Kong for at least six months.The Visa for China will run easily close to 1000,to 1500
yuan,for one year.There are two places you go to get your Visa in Hong Kong,and both have different fees,for the same.amount of time. As mentioned,I get my Visa
in Guangzhou,for one year as my wife is a Guangzhou woman.The price is very fair,and gets lower each year.My wife was told,if she was not a Guangzhou woman
I would have to return to Hong Kong to get my Visas.( however you can not take all this at face value,as the rules change,whenever you decide to do something.)
But that much American Dollars is not correct,yet with the Stock Exchange ,you have to be careful.
Sep 15, 2008 02:38
GUEST10563 your figures are correct , except they should be hk$ ...so they are pretty reasonable .... have doen this many times ...
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: YIKES!!! $600USD for Visa from Hong Kong to China...and....
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code