Menu
emigrating to china
Apr 4, 2007 09:16
  • PRICEK1
hello all
i am thinking of emigrating to chengdu early next year and i was wondering what i have to do before i leave the UK,getting pension payments transferred,setting up a bank account etc,many thanks for your replies
Apr 4, 2007 18:21
  • APAULT
Kevin, contact the UK dept that handles pensions (sorry have forgotton which it is) and it has a special office that handles overseas pensions, the website has plenty of info.

You should keep an account in UK and a credit card as standby ad for paying for things at home. You can easily open a bank a/c in China.

Emigrating? Are you certain of your visa options?
Apr 5, 2007 02:47
  • MAY001
Wow, welcome to China!
Apr 5, 2007 03:12
  • PRICEK1
thanks for your replies,yes paul i already possess a residents visa because i work for a chinese company in england at the moment so i was just testing the water if you know what i mean,there is obviously a lot to consider and to sort out before one leaves these shores for good,thanks for your replies
Apr 5, 2007 08:08
  • LIONPOWER
Hello Paul,
I guess, you emphasis on the word "emigrant" cause you learn much about it. Yes , no way to get citizenship. But you can long live in China.
My uncle (Civil Engr) living in China with my Chinese Aunty , they have 2 kids.
They both was consultant of Chinese construction firm worked abroad.
Their present life is so shining.
Apr 6, 2007 18:05
  • APAULT
Yes, it is hard to actually 'emigrate'...though if you have relatives you may be able to, tho true permanent residency is hard to get I believe. Pricek1 has the relatives so he is fortunate :)
Apr 6, 2007 23:29
  • LIONPOWER
May be
Apr 13, 2007 17:56
  • JANFRISK
anyone knows how to get a "permit forever" if you are married to a chinese woman?
Apr 14, 2007 06:07
  • APAULT
What I heard is that there is no such thing. You will apply for a residency which is renewed annually as long as you remain together. from one CCTV9 story it seems Perm residency appears to be a special status only given to ppl who have given many years service to China.

But my info is 'hearsay'
Apr 18, 2007 20:10
  • YUHAOROMAN
hi Janfrisk,

I have post your question at www.chinawhy.net/asksteven.asp and answered your question there, please check it out.

Regards,

Steven
Apr 19, 2007 00:05
  • BRYANTNG
Hi guys,

How can foreign buy properties in China, I heard that now the law does not allow to own properties?

Please advice.

Cheers

ngkg
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: emigrating to china
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code